Free cancellation until 29/07
US$151
US$125
  • Pool
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$139/night.

US$178
US$169
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsthe club loungeself parkvalet parkelizabeth riveruss wisconsindowntown arealate checkbeds were very comfortablemacarthur mallfitness centerwaterfrontshipyardnauticusshipsreunionnavy
Reviewed 4 January 2018

I came out here for a family emergency, the staff were friendly and helpful. I had to run out on a moments notice, and only brought clothes, I didn't have even a toothbrush on me, the staff provided me with the things I needed for my stay. They were caring and thoughtful and kept me safe and comfortable from everything while I was attending to my family member.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
SheratonNorfolk, General Manager at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Thank you, Jewel, for sharing such kind remarks for our staff. We are pleased to hear they were helpful and compassionate to you during your time of need. We hope to see you again at the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Great location in Norfolk but this hotel is one of the loudest I’ve ever stayed in and I travel well over 100 nts/yr. Rooms are being renovated (despite the hotel operator stating “I’m not aware of any construction taking place” when I called to ask what the hammering was) and sufficient areas aren’t blocked off to minimize impact. Additionally, the maids are inconsiderate- slamming doors, toilet seats, and pushing loud carts down the hall and into the service areas across from rooms. Walls are paper thin and you can hear the guests next door and above. Doors to the rooms have large gaps at the bottom and along the edges which just makes the noise worse. NOT what’s expected from a Sheraton.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank tj99z
SheratonNorfolk, General Manager at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Thank you for your candid feedback. I am very sorry to hear that your stay at the hotel was not up to par. Feedback like yours helps us to further improve upon our guests’ experiences. Please note that your comments have been passed on to our appropriate staff. We do hope you give us another chance to ensure your stay meets your expectations on every level.

Reviewed 26 December 2017

Waited in van for guest of different hotel and that guest was dropped off first. Then after walking to my room with inoperable key was treated as if it was my fault. No service recovery offered. Also, was denied any recovery when I brought it up.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Victor J
SheratonNorfolk, General Manager at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

Victor, we appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback about your stay. I am very sorry to hear some things during your stay did not meet your expectations. Please note that your concerns have been passed on to our front desk and shuttle management. Thank you again, we hope to be able to welcome you back on a return visit to Norfolk.

Reviewed 18 December 2017

I stayed at this hotel in December 2017. First, the positive: we loved our view of the harbor from our room on the 9th floor. The room was reasonably comfortable and clean. The bed was very uncomfortable, overtime someone moved the whole bed seemed to shake. The room was too hot. Even at the lowest temperature possible (it said 60 degrees) it was too warm. We slept with the balcony door open (in December) and while that helped to cool the room off, we could hear all of the outdoor noises and too much light got in through the curtains making it difficult to sleep in late. The breakfast room service was bad and expensive... I asked for mellon but not Honeydew... they brought me Honeydew. My wife asked for greek yogurt and got something else with blueberries. Too much of a hassle to figure it out. All in all, it wasn't a bad hotel but it also wasn't cheap (as parking added significantly onto an otherwise acceptable rate). However, I might stay there again if only to get the view.. and it is otherwise close to many things downtown.

Room Tip: pay the money for a harbor view.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank DCroamer
SheratonNorfolk, General Manager at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

I am happy to read you enjoyed the striking, uninterrupted views of the Elizabeth River from your room, as well as, our very convenient location to shopping, dining and the many must-see attractions nearby. However, it is upsetting to learn that some areas of your visit were not as you anticipated. Your concerns have been shared with the appropriate staff. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel the next time you are in the Norfolk area.

Reviewed 13 December 2017

Stayed here over three days in two separate rooms. No problems at all to report. The rooms were in a clean state and were kept so throughout my stay. I had breakfast ordered to the room on one morning and it arrived as requested at exactly the time required (and was very tasty too). Staff were all very polite and helpful and the hotel was quiet even though there was some kind of school trip using the conference facilities. The wifi was of good speed too.

Room Tip: Best views are over the Navy Dockyard in my opinion.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike W
SheratonNorfolk, General Manager at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Mike, thank you so much for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to share your comments. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your accommodations and were able to enjoy some room service during your 3-day stay as well. I will be sure to share your kind words with our staff, and look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside hotel the next time you travel to the area.