Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport
  • Breakfast included
US$113
US$97
US$93
La Quinta Inn & Suites Norfolk Airport(Norfolk)(Great Value!)
US$89
  • Pool
US$142
US$134
  • Pool
All reviewslending lockershuttle bussmoking roomshuttle servicecomfortable bedswalmartkitchenettelaundry
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 September 2017

Room was clean, bed was comfortable. Microwave and fridge were a big plus. However, no breakfast available. You could buy some items to eat, but not worth the cost. We chose to eat out and have a real breakfast. Wish they could have offered at least a Continental Breakfast for the cost. Staff was friendly and polite.

Room Tip: Ground floor had a lot of activity going on all the time.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear Craig H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are happy to know that you liked our rooms and we certainly appreciate your nice feedback on our staff and amenities. On the other hand, we regret the issues you had with our food options. Reviews like yours are very valuable as they enable us to target areas we need to improve on. Rest assured your feedback will be forwarded to all concerned departments for reference.

Joel A

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

The staff at this hotel were very nice and extremely responsive. Beds were very comfy and the rooms were clean. Best hotel shower I've ever had! On the negative side- our toilet didn't flush when we first arrived- fixed promptly though. The whole no-breakfast or room service wasn't great. The suites have nice in room kitchenettes with full size refrigerators. The food items for purchase were limited or none at all- ran out of milk and water, and the yogurt I purchased was expired with a date of December 2016. If I stayed here again I would definitely make a stop at the grocery store first- Walmart is close by. Also, our room only had one desk chair. I would recommend at least two chairs and a love seat. There is more than enough room.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Dear jsimone722,

Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience. Our goal is to deliver exceptional service and comfortable accommodation to all of our guests and we appreciate your positive feedback on the great service received from our staff and the comfort of the beds at par. However, it is regrettable that your stay was negatively affected by the condition of the toilet, room service, and the lack of room amenities needed. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have shared your comments with the hotel management and we’re confident that necessary actions will be made, in order to meet our guest needs and comfort.

Once again, thank you for staying with us. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to pamper you with exceptional service and accommodation on your next visit.

Grace P.

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

Arrived 8:00 after booking room 2 weeks before, informed all they had was smoking rooms (my IHG profile and reservations indicated non-smoking) no other choice. I demanded refund and went out to find another hotel that would accommodate me last minute. Will avoid IHG hotels in the future if possible.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2017

Hi F1Hakkinen,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our hotel. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you have encountered with your reservation's smoking preference. We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a great experience. I would like to follow up on this situation that is why I have sent you a private message to obtain more information. I hope that you can respond at your soonest available time.

Thank you for staying and best regards.

Mike F.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

This location is very clean and provides everything you would expect from Candlewood. The business office space is nice and the staff was helpful. I did notice there is a good bit of staff rotating which seemed to cause a disconnect in getting to know 1 or 2 people but that was not a problem with me. There is no incidentals fee.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2017

Checked in Friday night of Memorial Day weekend for 2 nights. Room 314. Woke up Saturday morning with 5 bites on my wrist. Wasn't sure what bit me, but after the second night and about 20 more bites on arms, hands, chest and chin, it was obvious they were bed bug bites. I told the gal at the check-in counter and also called the next day when the bites were really taking a toll to hopefully ensure they exterminate. My son who was in the other Queen bed, had no but

We were also traveling with others who stayed there and they had no issues with bedbugs.

Otherwise ok hotel, but would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Not room 314
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2017

Hi pw16515,

Thank you for your stay and taking the time to write your review. We regret that we were not able to provide you with the quality of service and accommodations you deserved during your recent visit with us. We are sorry to read about the cleanliness of the room that was below par. In line with this, we have sent you a private message to obtain more information.

We value you as our guest and look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,