“Superior food. Excellent service.”
Review of Leone's Italian

Leone's Italian
Reserve a table
Tue, 03/08
20:00
Ranked #63 of 793 Restaurants in Norfolk
Price range: US$20 - US$60
Description: Located in Historic Downtown Norfolk, just a short walk from the Scope, Chrysler Hall, Harrison Opera House and MacArthur Mall, Leone’s offers a warm, elegant dining room creating the perfect environment to enjoy our impeccable service and evolving cuisine for an intimate dinner for two or a celebration for twenty. Rooftop and outdoor dining is available seasonally.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After a disappointing attempt at another restaurant (previous review), we walked down Granby and were lucky enough to score a last-minute table here.

The friendly staff gave us a choice of inside/outside, and we opted for the AC. We were in the bar area, but the bar itself and TV is separated by a nice water wall, so you don't feel like you're in a bar. We opted for a booth, which is generously sized with high backs that provide privacy.

We started with the EXCELLENT house Negronis, with a shared (plenty for two) appetizer of lusciously crispy, tender baby calamari that came with zesty peppers and a marinara sauce for dipping.

I can't say enough about how pleasant our waitress was (cursing myself for forgetting her name, but mid-length wavy highlighted hair). We let her know we were there for a leisurely meal, and she was absolutely fine with that, never rushing us.

The waitress was unfazed when we neglected to order salads before the meal, then wanted them at the last minute. She communicated with the kitchen to wait on our entrees, so the timing of everything remained perfect. Impressive.

The special beet salad was a wonderful, creamy cool concoction that delighted the palate without spoiling our appetites.

The wine service was professional. My ribeye was perfectly done and served with whipped garlic potatoes that deserve a better description than that. Let's just say my mouth is watering as I type this. Spears of fresh, perfectly cooked asparagus rounded out the dish nicely.

My friend had the duck breast, which he polished off, but I was having such a good conversation I forgot to ask him details about his food. The empty plate spoke for itself.

We lingered a bit with our wine, simply too full to try the dessert. We'll save that for next time.

Delighted to find my go-to restaurant for a fine meal in Norfolk. The bar selection is excellent. My first visit I had one of their delicious Old Fashioneds. A nice bourbon selection.

This is the second excellent meal I've had here, and I intend to make Leone's a regular stop.

Date of visit: July 2021
Write a reviewReviews (69)

Reviewed 23 May 2021

Group of six of us dined here in late April and were very happy with the atmosphere, food and service. Was our first time dining at Leone's but will not be our last.
Only thing was surprise at the price of some of the cocktails. One cocktail in particular ended up costing the same as an entree.
I do appreciate that Leone's has an enforces a dress code.

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 1 May 2021

We stopped into Leone's for dinner the other night. It was a mild night, so we opted to eat on the roof. Great choice. Charming atmosphere and good food. Service was excellent. The tiramisu is fabulous.

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 20 May 2020

My friend and I decided to try Lorne's to celebrate graduating from college. The staff was very attentive and friendly, the food was great, eating on the rooftop was lovely, and the price was reasonable. Staff took every reasonable precaution available while open for sit-in: outdoor only dining, masks and gloves, and social distance seating. Pasta, vegetarian salad, drink, and dessert came out to somewhere between $50-$60 before tip for me, my friend had no drink and a vegetarian salad and landed somewhere similar.

Date of visit: May 2020
rzrestaurants, Owner at Leone's Italian, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2020

Thank you so much for your kind words, we look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed 30 December 2019

Went on a friend's recommendation and was not disappointed. A great selection of italian classics, good service, and reasonably-priced.

Date of visit: December 2019
2  Thank neilbW2536XR

Thank you so much! See you soon!