All reviewsnorfolk airportfront deskearly flightrental carroom was cleanindoor poolthe breakfast areamilitary highwayshort driveshuttle servicefree breakfastfree shuttlewould stay againbusiness tripwould highly recommend this hotelnext morningconvenient location
Reviewed 9 February 2018

It’s a nice hotel. However I wish they had more stuff to do around the area of the hotel. There is no restaurant in the hotel and the closest one is located in the double tree Carlos the parking lot. However the hotel shuttle will take you within a 3 mike radius of the hotel but the only things in that area is fast food restaurants

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Bryan K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Norfolk-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Thank you for your kind words and they are sincerely appreciated. We are a Airport hotel and that sometimes affects the are that surrounds it. We do our best to compensate with shuttle service and or course recommendations from our great staff. I want to thank you so much for taking the time to contribute to our hotels continuing improvement..

Reviewed 7 February 2018

This was a nice clean hotel. We had a very brief stay in the area and checked in late, so we didn't have a chance to get a thorough impression of the property, but it seemed quite good. Breakfast included ready-made cheese omelets, which are not very impressive, but they had bacon! Bacon is such a rare thing to see these days on a hotel breakfast, so I'm impressed by that. There was a shuttle to the airport, but we didn't need it.

Overall, a good stay.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Bryan K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Norfolk-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Thank you so much !!! We try very hard to meet our guests needs and requirements. I am glad you chose to stay on your short visit and glad we were able to make your stay pleasant and relaxed. Please come back and see us again when your in the area.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

The customer service is always good but the hotel upkeep has definitely gone down since my last stay. The carpet floors throughout the hotel need a deep cleaning. The bathroom floor was not the cleanest and the towels were thin and needed to be changed out. Also, there was a lot of places that needed dusting and even the phone was dirty. Many of the chairs in the breakfast area were stained and definitely needed to be cleaned. It served the purpose for an overnight stay but it is definitely on a downward slide.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

I'm so sorry you found our amenities lacking we do spend a very significant amount on fresh linens and towels. I will look into the carpets but they are also very new along with the new mattress's and box springs in every room in the hotel. As I type this reply we are replacing our lobby and breakfast carpets. We do try very hard to maintain our hotel to be one of the finest in Norfolk. I am also going to refresh the training for our room inspectors. I want to thank you for helping us become a better hotel and hope you will give us a second chance. Thank you again

Reviewed 7 February 2018

Most Hampton Inns are basically the same in their amenities, room design, etc. This one was clean and had a good breakfast as usual. The server made fresh decaf when we mentioned that it was not very hot. The staff is friendly. We did have to ask about our bottled waters and snacks as gold members because they did not remember to give them to us upon checking in. We would certainly stay here again.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are here to make you happy and that's a real sentiment here at the Hampton and Suites Norfolk Airport. I am sorry about the water sometimes the preference on the Profile is incorrect and we do apologize. We are so happy you took the time to say a few kind words to help improve and tells us where we are doing the right things.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

I have stayed at this location before but it's declined considerably, bathroom in my room was very dirty and the rest of the room was marginal, I needed to print a document for a meeting and the printer in the business center was not working and the person working the front desk didn't seem to care.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Bryan K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Norfolk-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

I am sorry we did not live up to standard you deserve as a loyal guest. We are taking steps to correct some of the items you mentioned in your review. We have instituted more stringent inspection standards for room cleanliness. We are in process of improvements throughout the hotel. We have just changed all our mattresses and box springs as our standard improvement process in addition to this we are going to upgrade some of our design elements in the rooms as well as the lobby. The business center problem troubles me and you should have been offered a alternative to meet your needs. We are working to become a better hotel for you and all guests and please accept my sincere regrets. Thank you for helping us become a better hotel and maintain the high Hampton standards.