SpringHill Suites Norfolk Old Dominion University
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$192
US$149
US$132
US$123
La Quinta Inn & Suites Norfolk Airport(Norfolk)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$95
SpringHill Suites
US$143
  • Pool
All reviewscovered garagebasketball gameuniversity campusfront deskparking garageroom was cleannaval baseyogurtsmall refrigeratorfree breakfastbreakfast barwill stay there againdirectly across the streetliving roomconvenient locationbreakfast staffper day
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

Nothing special about this hotel. It is not bad by any means but it is simple average.

Room is a nice size suite if you are alone and staying a couple days. A small refrigerator but no microwave.

Beds were a little tough and the TV was a old LG. It would be a good idea to upgrade to a newer model.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Lindsey J, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Old Dominion University, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Hello Ddb2422,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm sorry to hear that you were unable to locate the microwave in your room. If you are ever in the area and get the chance to stay with us again, the microwaves are located in the cabinets above the sink. We appreciate your feedback on our hotel. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact me at the hotel.

Kind Regards,

Lindsey Janssen

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

I like hotels in the heart of the city or in this care ODU campus as long as there are safety measures in place. This hotel has this with a card scan needed to activate the elevator and good entrance lighting. Rooms were clean and comfortable. My only knock is i do not like paying for parking at a hotel as i feel that should be an element of being a guest there.

Stayed: October 2017
Tiffany A, Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Old Dominion University, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Dear Skye b,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our hotel! I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and the security measures we have in place. We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to Norfolk.

Warm Regards,

Tiffany Anderson

Reviewed 24 September 2017

we stayed here during an event on the ODU campus. Its your typical "college campus" hotel. Low budget, worn, heavily used. you get what you pay for. clean rooms, comfortable beds. The rooms are a bit dated and worn, but again, clean. not really kitchenets, just a counter with a sink and 2 glasses. the small living room area, is dark, but sufficent place. breakfast buffet has enough choices for everyone. The front desk staff are very friendly , helpful. good location for ODU events.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Lindsey J, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Old Dominion University, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Hello Tennislefty,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your feedback on our property. I'm happy to hear you found our rooms clean, comfortable, and had a chance to meet our friendly front desk staff.

Kind regards,
Lindsey Janssen

Reviewed 18 September 2017

We were in Norfolk for the UNC-ODU game. Our experience at Springhill Suites was outstanding. The location is wonderful if you are attending any event at ODU. The staff members were very friendly and helpful. We stayed in a suite that had a king bed and then two chairs instead of the sofa bed. We liked the flexibility of being able to watch TV from the chair area and then swivel the TV for watching from the bed.

The shower was much better than at other hotels where we have stayed...great water pressure, instantly hot, and situated high enough that my 6' 6' husband did not have to duck his head. The room was quiet and very clean.

Having a sports bar on the first floor was a real plus. We did not want to have to drive anywhere after the game so being able to get burgers and beers just downstairs was great.

We had considered staying in downtown Norfolk when we were planning this trip. We are SO GLAD that we did not. We had never stayed in a Springhill property before but now we will certainly do it again.... and BTW the breakfast was also wonderful. My husband is a picky breakfast guy and he was most pleased.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2017

I took my teenage daughter and her friend to Norfolk to see a Band in Concert. I picked this hotel because its closeness to the venue. From the moment I stepped thru the door after driving straight from the DC area I was greeted by smiles and a serious "Can do" attitude. Magalin(Spelling) was at the desk and was helpful, fast and full of information. The cleaning crew we saw on our floor (4rth) were friendly and laughing. The hotel staff always seemed to be enjoying their job and were quick to help or offer a suggestion. When we found out the concert had been moved at the last minute, I was supplied with a detailed map and directions as well as suggestions for feeding two hungry teen girls. Monday morning breakfast was more then I expected. Fresh eggs, fruit, juices(Yes more then apple and orange) cereal and host of fresh coffee, teas and snack bars. The maintainace staff made a point of asking me if there was anything wrong with the room, and asked for suggestions on how to better set the room up! (What hotel does that!) Even after I had officially checked out, we remembered coffee and asked if I could purchase a cup, The booking desk supplied coffee and fruit for the long trip home!

Room Tip: Fourth floor is the most quiet I have ever been on.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family