Marins Playa(Cala Millor)
Orbitz.com
US$233
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Had a great time here clean tidy and friendly have to get up early to get a sunbed that's the only bad thing beach 5om away small shopping centre and pubs just outside the front door but still quite hopping to return next year.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 January 2016

visited in the summer with a party of 5 which were myself, my parents and grandparents. We got told we would get a champagne on arrival but we didn't. Wi-Fi was a disgrace you could only get 30mins free a day which was in the lobby and it was very slow. We payed an extra 40 euros for the wifi so we could access it in the room but you could only use it on one device and it never worked half the time so don't waste your money! We complained about it a few times and all they could do was give us a free bottle of champagne in the room. Room size was tiny hardly any room to walk past the beds. Bar shut at 12pm so you couldn't get drinks after this time as we were all inclusive. Bearing in mind we were all inclusive we ate out about 6 times so I don't recommend going all inclusive. Food was lovely never had one bad meal and a lot to choose but same things were on a lot so we went out as we wanted a change. Boring atmosphere if you stayed in on a night as we went out every night to local bar as entertainment was very poor. Hotel looks onto beach which was good and located near shops and bars which were walking distance. Indoor pool was a good size outside pool not so big but fine for just wanting to cool down. Snack bar round the pool was on everyday which was a range of food like burgers and meats. Then in afternoon it was coffee and cake. Overall we were disappointed in the hotel but still had a good holiday but wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank livvyfaye
Reviewed 12 December 2015

Wonderful place with beautiful views and plenty to do.Hotel is ok , the food is good ,rooms are clean ,stuff is friendly ,beautiful beach just across the road .Everything you need to have a good holidays you can find there.

Stayed: August 2015
5  Thank Zenia1804
Reviewed 25 November 2015

This hotel was great value for money in a great location!

Overview
Overall I thought the hotel was clean, friendly and welcoming. There was plenty of food and drink on offer all day with the all-inclusive option. The rooms were modern albeit a bit small. The location is fantastic and the walk to the nearby Castle is a must if you can. I would highly recommend this hotel and location in Mallorca.

Hotel Clientele
I had already seen on Tripadvisor that the hotel had been taken over by the German company Allsun so knew there would be a high number of German tourists here. This was not an issue for me and my friend. However, if you prefer to be in a hotel with predominantly British tourists, I would suggest this is not the hotel for you.

The hotel seems to cater more towards customers over 50, which again for my friend and I this was not an issue but if you are looking for a hotel with younger people or more geared towards families this hotel may not suit you.

Although I am nowhere close to being over 50.. I would imagine this hotel is great for those in that age bracket. Saga Holidays seem to use this site and its sister site (hotel Borneo) across the road so there are groups of Brits accessing the hotel despite it being run by the German company Allsun.

I loved the hotel! It was very clean and the rooms were quite modern, albeit a little on the small side.

Entertainment
My friend and I enjoyed the entertainment. They split most of the entertainment between English and German speaking sections which was really good! One evening they did a mime rendition of the musical Cats.. hearing Macavity from Cats sung in German was very amusing!

The entertainment included a lot of miming to songs which may not be for everyone, but for free hotel entertainment with all-inclusive drinks on offer, my friend and I thought it was good enough.

One evening they had a star from the German equivalent of the West End singing songs from musicals. The performance was amazing!

The food was quite good. However, during part of the week there did not seem to be much variation on the food options between days, i.e. breakfast, lunch and evening meal options seemed very similar on consecutive days.

That said, there was always plenty of food on offer and enough selection to suit most tastes.

Staff
The staff were amazing! We found them to be very friendly and welcoming. The cleaning staff were very friendly throughout the hotel which helped give a very friendly and welcoming feel to the venue. The restaurant staff and bar staff were also very friendly.

Location
The location is fantastic!! I have been to the area before. It was great to have an all-inclusive hotel right on the sea-front. It is super close to bars, restaurants and shops.
There is also a short walk to a Castle nearby which is lovely. When I visited the area in July I think it would have been an uncomfortable walk due to the heat at that time of year, but in October the heat was more than warm enough for sunning yourself as well as being comfortable enough for sight-seeing.

At the Castle there is a café/bar so if you would like refreshments you can turn it into a lunch/drink stop. There is a resident parrot at the Castle which adds to the experience at the top.

If you are able to climb up the staircase inside the Castle, the views at the top of are stunning!

The views at the Castle itself are also really beautiful (if you are unable to climb the Castle staircase). Definitely worth a trip, especially if you like to take scenic photos on holiday.

On one of the days I headed off down the track looking towards Sa Coma and found some beautiful walks and pathways down to the edge of the coast. It was well worth the walk.

I used walk to the Castle from the hotel as my daily run* as it is about a 20 minute round trip as a run. (*yes I’m one of those crazy folks who like to ‘keep fit’ even on holiday! Hahaha!)

Beach
The beach in Cala Millor is amazing! One of my favourite beaches I have ever visited! The water is so clear and warm. Mallorca is fast becoming one of my favourite destinations on this planet.. I never thought a British holiday resort on a Spanish Isle would make this list!

Wifi
There is 30 minutes free Wifi per day in the hotel lobby or you can pay for Wifi coverage within the complex. This is what I did to get the usage and coverage while my friend just opted for the free internet.

Booking
I booked this holiday through Teletext Holidays. This is the second time I have used them and have found them to be brilliant. It is not a package holiday as you would get through a travel agent, but they do book all sections of your holiday for you. We got the holiday for a really good price by booking with Teletext. If you are in a position not to need to book as part of a package holiday, then I would recommend Teletext as it saved us some money. Despite seeing some bad reviews of the company, I have found them to give excellent customer service and have no issue with them.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank Valzo
Reviewed 30 October 2015

This hotel is now part of the German hotel group Allsun so it is correctly called the Allsun Sumba hotel.The hotel is very weighted with German holidaymakers so many of the signs and daily notices are their language.

However this should not detract from your holiday there. There is more than ample good quality food, bar and restaurant facilities. There is a very popuar (in October) inside swimming pool and a large outdoor salt water swimming pool.

The hotel is spotlessly clean and the staff became very friendly as they warmed to us.......most of the British visitors are, perhaps, not quite so demanding as their more numerous clientele.

Cala Millor is not the prettiest resort in Mallorca but has a beautiful walk along the seafront to the town centre and then on to Cala Bona.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple