All reviews stayed here for nights nearest beach german guests apartment pools serviceminded beaches cala mallorca
Reviewed 11 June 2017

Me and my GF stayed here for 2 weeks, and here is our review of Prinsotel La Pineda

The hotel itself was modern and good looking. Nice big rooms, several pools (and a pool reserved for adults only was great). It was quite sentral, but a little to far from the beach. They had entertainment every night which was good.

Unfortunately, there was more negativity than positivity.

To start we felt like this was a hotel for germans. The staff did ALLWAYS start a conversation in german, not english. Please dont take it for granted that every guest is german. This was really annoying for us. Some of your staff did not talk english at all. To take an example, in the pool area there was a woman that did not talk english, so when we ordered food there we got it wrong 2 times (of 3) because she did not understand what we said.
A few signs and menus were only in German og Spanish, so we could not understand what it said. Example the tapasbar menu and a sign in the poolbar that said something about prohibited, important and police (that was all I could understand), and Ill guess this was important information? So why not write in english so that everyone understand?

The service was OK -, some of the personell was really serviceminded but some of the bartenders and waiters in the bar and restaurants just could not put on a smile and they acted "arrogant".

The food here was not so good, we had breakfast everyday and tried the lunchbar 3 times , but this was nothing special. I recommend to go somewhere else, because of the foodquality and the service from the waiters. The breakfast buffet had a lot of options, but almost all of the warm food was over or undercoocked.

And I know this is "nothing" to write about, but the way you pour tap beer? Please. Dont turn on the crane and put the glass on the counter while tapping so the glass is 20% beer and 80% foam and then wait for 2 minutes till the foam has disappeared and do the same again.. It looked like a 6 year old trying the crane for the first time...

The rooms are REALLY loud, and not very soundproof. We could hear music in the night, beds dragged around in other roms, babies crying, people talking, doors slamming etc etc...

If you are a german Ill guess you will love this place, but for others maybe choose another hotel?

Sorry that this seems a little negative, but you really need to work on these things, and thats why we have this review so you can be better.

My first tip is to work on the personell. Please, put on a smile, learn some english, and show that you care about your guest. We are the ones who pays you sallary, so treat us good.

This was the first, and the last time for us to visit Prinsotel La Pineda.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Prinsotel, Guest Relations Manager at Prinsotel La Pineda, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Dear Andreas, thank you for sharing your review about your stay in Prinsotel La Pineda. We are sorry to hear about there was more negativity than positivity. I would like to inform that the menu at tapasbar offers also in english. We apologize if you were a little bit disappointed with our staff, they work hard to offer our guest a great service. Please accept our apologize for the inconvenience it might caused you. Prinsotel offer others hotels, which can interest you, we would be glad to inform you. Kind regards, Prinsotel.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

Having read some reviews before booking, the only negative reviews we found appeared to have an issue with this not being a predominantly English hotel. Unfortunately for those who find this a problem, there's no bingo on an evening. There's also no sky sports news or only fools and horses on loop all day long either.

All of the staff spoke English, the entertainment was universal and we found no language problems.

We opted for the all inclusive package and whilst in the past at other hotels we've been treated a little differently by the staff to those customers who are paying, we didn't find this here. The food offered a huge range of choice and always tasted amazing. None of the alcohol was off limits and we were well looked after.

The pools weren't over populated, there was no fight for the sunbeds on a morning and the whole place was generally very clean.

Great hotel and would definitely recommend it to anybody !

2  Thank Tony_98724234
Prinsotel, Guest Relations Manager at Prinsotel La Pineda, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2016

Dear guest, thank you for sharing your kind review about your stay at Prinsotel La Pineda. We are glad to know that you liked our hotel and that you had a good time. We hope to see you soon again. Best Regards, Prinsotel.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

This hotel is classed as 4* - this has to be taken as holiday resort ratings and not to be missed up with Business hotels rating. On the holiday resort rating basis, I would fully agree with the 4 stars.

My review may be coloured by having what I think was probably the best room in the hotel - at least for us at this time. We had booked later than we should have and ended up maybe having to go for a higher level, but it was well worth it if that is what happened. We ended up in a ground floor apartment. It had effectively two bedrooms. The proper bedroom had a massive bed in it that could have accommodated a football team as well as being well sprung and with a range of pillows. The 'living room' had two fold down beds pushed together to take our 3 and 7 year olds. I'm not sure that I would have slept well on them but young ones are so light they didn't have an issue. This would be a living room with a sofa if you don't need the beds. We also had a small kitchen with a fridge and hob. The best bit was that the rooms opened onto a private garden which had a massive deep padded sunbed, 2 deck chairs and a table and two chairs. Stepping out of the garden was straight into the pool area - so the water was about 10 feet from our back gate! This was fantastic. We still needed sunbeds as sadly, the sun only covered our garden for the first couple of hours, but there was no need to take everything out as we could go back and fore throughout the day - and we did!
Food - always a key issue, but not a problem. We were always able to find food to suit the kids and us in the main restaurant. We never got around to the Tapas restaurant or anything else. The quality of food and service were on the higher side of good, but would not get to outstanding.
Entertainment - it never ceases to amaze me how Spanish hotels always seem to find talented hard working teams, and this one was no exception. There was a good variety of things for all to do, and they were all led by a happy, conscientious team. They genuinely seemed to love doing their job with my daughters and my daughters got to love them (especially Sylvia and Juri). They made it fun during the day, and they played their part in the evening entertainment very well. As a direct result, it wasn't until the last day that my daughter asked me when we going to the beach! We never made it as they didn't want to miss the poolside activities
At night, there was a mini-disco every night. Then the main entertainment was a mixture of Animation team events (e.g. dancing & lip-synching to Show tunes) and external entertainers. With young children, I didn't get to see all of this, but I would sum up what I saw as entertaining but it won't go down as sensational.

Points to watch for - whether you consider these faults or not is down to personal opinion. -
The hotel is predominantly filled with German tourists, UK guests were thin on the ground. Forget the stereotypes, I found the vast majority to be pleasant and friendly. However, the languages that things were presented in were primarily Spanish & German. English was used well by the Animation team and most of the staff could speak English, but it was definitely the 3rd choice.
Noise at night - as I said, we had a great room, and you have to balance it, but it also meant that we were near to the night time entertainment and some of the time it was difficult to get the kids to sleep. Depends what you want - it only went as late as 10.45 on a couple of occasions.
Beach - we never went, but the feedback I got from others was that it was a good 10 minute walk.to the nearest beach. It was supposedly a good beach, but with no natural shade (only hiring umbrellas) and it was very, very hot there. There was a small café, no others shops or facilities. I think if we had gone there, we may have lasted for an hour or so of sandcastle building and then been back to the pool.
The Pools - the main pool was a good size, but I would fault this as both shallow ends were quite small and quickly dropped in depth down to over 2 metres. This meant that at times the ends were crowded with little ones and other sections were empty. I would recommend that they extend the shallower parts to get down to waist height for an adult. There is a paddling pool attached to the main pool, a mini pool which looked OK) and an adult only pool. They all seemed to meet the needs
Reading the review of 'atraveller567', I would say that this pretty much matched with my findings.

Overall, we had a great family holiday, and I would certainly go back there or to another Prinsotel based on this experience. We booked direct on the website and it does seem that this gave us a few perks and freebies and may explain the room we were given.

Room Tip: Ground floor gets the private gardens, well worth it.
2  Thank Pistolpehi
Reviewed 23 August 2016

If you want a mix of family entertainment with terrific staff, plenty of opportunities for peace and quiet or more tourist-based frenzy (but not to the level of the majority of tourist resorts), great beaches, plus good food and drink, then this could be the place for you.

90% clientele is German in this corner of the island, but staff at this hotel speak several languages and appreciate any attempts to speak Spanish to them (I tried my best!).

Opted for half-board, so great choice of buffet breakfast and dinner with tapas bar in the evening an extra delight. Drinks are not included, but they are VERY reasonably priced and there is a good choice. Plenty of meat, fish and vegetarian options and delicious fresh fruit daily. Fish tended to be somewhat overcooked though, but this is a difficulty with mass catering. Otherwise, to be thoroughly recommended and the 'theme nights', such as 'Mallorquin' specialities are a great idea.

Different room types, but if your budget can stretch to the Select or Deluxe ground-floor apartments with private terrace, including 4-poster bed in your own secluded garden and pool/tub, you will not be disappointed. Incredibly wide bed very comfortable, especially for someone with long-term chronic and intermittently acute back problems, although 'bouncy' pillow took a couple of days to get used to (pillows not as good as some Spanish hotel chains, but this was just me being fussy! Perfectly OK for most people!). Note: some rooms are only available direct from the hotel website. There are plenty of extras with the top rooms, e.g. kitchenette with fridge restocked daily with 2 bottles of beer, still and sparkling water, Fanta and Coke. There is also a small freezer section at the top of the fridge.... PLUS bathrobes, slippers, good toiletries, flat-screen TVs, separate bedroom for adults with children sharing a sofa bed in the lounge area and plenty of cupboard space plus beach towels (extra towels can be hired too if required) and 'garden furniture'...

There are several pools - main one for families where the entertainment team are base, a separate one for adults only, a children's pool and another pool with a few water features for kids opposite a little playground.

The Entertainment Team are true superstars (Tomas, Juri, Cristina et al) who can do everything it seems and made a real effort to make the holiday extra-special for all guests. Apologies for names I have missed, but I only really spoke to the first two).

Evening entertainment can be hit and miss, depending on what you like, as some of acts not as family-appropriate as they could have been. Cabaret night (something I usually hate) was brilliant with the animation team miming and dancing to songs from well-known musicals.

There is also a spa/wellness centre which we did not use.

All-in-all, a great holiday and we would definitely be happy to come here again.

Tips: as the hotel is about 1 to 1¼ hours from the airport, best to book private transfers from the hotel website. Well worth the extra expense. Also, since most tourist places on the island can be reached by bus, you can save money by using buses (stop virtually opposite hotel reception), unless you hire a car. Local supermarket less than 5 minutes walk from hotel and closest beaches can be reached on foot within 15 minutes, including a lovely forest walk to get to Cala Agulla beach.

Room Tip: Check website carefully to get what you want and email hotel for more information if necessary.
1  Thank atraveller567

Reviewed 23 October 2015

We booked to stay in an apartment with cooking facilities. On arrival we were given a free upgrade into a very nice apartment.
The reception staff were very helpful and the room was very clean.
Ample car parking available on the nearby roads.
At this time of year (October) you can get excellent value for money and this certainly was.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Prinsotel, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Prinsotel La Pineda, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2015

We appreciate the kind review you wrote about Prinsotel La Pineda. Thank you for mentioning our reception staff. We hope to see you soon again. Best Regards, Prinsotel.