We travelled in mid June 2011 for 10 nights with 2 children aged 8 and 9 and we all had the best holiday ever. Arrival was simple and within 5 minutes we were in the room we requested with a stunning view of the pool area. The apartments are a very good 3* plus standard and extremely well equipped with everything you need including an excellent fridge with a large freezer box. We found it very easy to cook the small meals we did and keep everything tidy and clean. Beds were also very comfortable as were the settee beds. The extra large balcony with 4 comfy chairs and a large table was so nice for eating outside and a clothes airer is also supplied to dry your wet swimming things on. There is a also a TV in the room which has BBC 1, Channel 4 and a Sky kids channel. The maid service is very, very good with towels changed daily and bins emptied daily, they work very hard to keep the rooms very clean. The whole apartment complex is spotless and I have never seen a pool area so clean and tidy. I would say about half of the sunbeds are "reserved" by 8am, but as long as you are down the pool by 10 you can get a sunbed, very rarely are they all full. The apartments do not allow sunbeds to be reserved but do not stop it either. The food in the apartment is okay and a good price, the San Miguel on tap is also excellent at £3 for a large beer. You do not get a pint in Cala D'or it is 50cl instead.
The resort itself is excellent. Our favourite beach was Cala D`or (Cala D`or hotel beach snack bar serves very nice quality food) followed by Cala Esmeralda beach. Cala Gran beach was packed and that was in June. We also went to Cala Ferrera beach which was also gorgeous and had great pedalos with slides attached to them for £10 for an hour.
Mallorca land out the front of the hotel was also excellent and very well priced.
There are so many restaurants and we went out every night to eat, favourite without a doubt was Barvelento, stunning food and for a family of 4 with wine and drinks the bill was never more than £45. Also recommend Marvills and Aquamarina, go out the back of the hotel turn right, walk down and up the hill and you are where all the restaurants/bars are. The Marina is lovely but we did not eat down there. I cannot recommend these apartments and the resort highly enough, it is so clean and lovely everywhere. One more thing you must do is go to Cala D`ice the best ice cream ever, home made and so lovely. Supermarkets.....Spar San Francisco and Las Vegas were quite cheap (50p tin of beer £1.50 for loaf bread), go out front of hotel and walk straight until you get to a roundabout, big fruit and veg shop there which is cheap, 5 litres of water about 60p, spuds and fruit cheap. Buy wine in supermarkets as quite expensive in bars. It is still bit cheaper than the UK, but not much. We spent £100 a day, but that was eating out all the time and drinking quite alot, so I thought quite good value. Also recommend the Starfish boat trip that was really nice and relaxing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cala d'Or Playa Aparthotel is in a quiet residential area in Cala d'Or. It is located between Cala Gran beach and Cala Esmeralda beach (both are around 350 metres from the Aparthotel), and is only a few minutes' walk to the central shopping area.Ideal for families with children, it has areas specially designed for kids, as well as entertainment for children and special events.The apartments are spacious, comfortable and well-equipped. You will be able to relax on your terrace or balcony overlooking the pool or the gardens, making your holiday unforgettable.The Aparthotel has 116 apartments, 32 of which have been totally renewed in 2013. It has 2 blocks, with 4 and 3 floors respectively; both buildings have lifts. Surrounded by gardens, it has a large swimming-pool with a playground for children, an outdoor Jacuzzi and a water SPLASH PARK.The Aparthotel has 116 apartments, all of them are spacious, comfortable and the decoration is of Mediterranean style. All the apartments are 35 m2 with a terrace or balcony (15 m2). They are for a maximum of four people, and there is enough space to put a cot in the bedroom. Unfortunately, we do not have apartments with two bedrooms. We have 3 types of apartments, depending on the location in the complex and the booked facilities. - STANDARD APARTMENTS: One double-bedroom (two 190 cm x 90 cm beds), one fully furnished bathroom with a bathtub, lounge with two sofa-beds, a terrace or balcony, and a kitchenette with a fridge, two electric cooking rings, microwave, electric coffee-machine, kettle, toaster and basic cooking utensils. Tv with international channels, telephone and hair-dryer. Air Conditioning. Clear views. - PLUS APARTMENTS: High-Standard. Totally renewed at the beginning of 2013. They have one double-bedroom (two 190 cm x 90 cm beds), one fully furnished bathroom with a shower, lounge with two sofa-beds, a terrace or balcony, and a kitchenette with a fridge, 2 electric cooking rings, microwave, electric coffee-machine, kettle, toaster and basic cooking utensils. 32" Led-Tv with international channels, telephone and hair-dryer. Air Conditioning. Open views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Apartamentos Cala d'Or Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Cala d`Or Playa Hotel Cala d`Or
- Playa Apartments Cala d Or
- Playa Apartments Hotel
- Apartamentos Cala D'Or Playa Majorca