We spent a week in Cala d'or during October and the holiday exceeded expectations. The weather was perfect (24-25c) and the resort was beautiful. We booked the holiday with friends and were looking for a chilled relaxing holiday which is exactly what we got. Its not quite authentic Spain as the resort attracts Brits and Europeans so it is a little touristy.
We arranged transportation via the hotel which was really good. On arrival, the check in was straight forward and the receptionist very friendly. Our apartment was on the 3rd floor and was clean, modern and fresh. The apartment was cleaned daily. The bathroom in particular was very nice but the temperature on the shower a little temperamental. The apartment had a large balcony overlooking the residential area, pool and sea. There were twin beds and two sofa beds. The sofa beds really let this place down as they were really uncomfortable (to sit and sleep on). The kitchen facilities were also on the basic side- the hob was far too small for the pans which were provided. Trying to cook 2 pans was really difficult. On a plus there was a TV with British channels. My boyfriend (an avid coffee lover) enjoyed the use of the nespresso machine. Coffee pods were available for purchase at reception. The pool facilities were good (jacuzzi, pool, kids pool & splash park) and we spent a lot of time by the pool and always managed to get a sun-bed.The pool bar was also good and reasonably priced. The hotel is probably best suited for families as there was a busy entertainment schedule for all the kids (including a giant inflatable croc in the pool).
Most shops, restaurants and bars were within a 5/10 min walk and we used a local supermarket at the end of the road - a tad expensive but met our needs. There was an assortment of restaurants and bars (Indian, Chinese, Italian, English, Spanish)- and we dined out most nights. As the resort was starting to quiet down we found restaurants weren't very busy. There was a really good ice cream bar (Cala d'ice). And of course two beaches 5-10min walk away - Cala Gran & Cala Esmerelda. These were the real honey pot of the resort and usually busy as they are small cove like beaches. The sea is so clear that when you are swimming you can see the fish. We also went on a Starfish boat trip to porto colom and we got to see more of the local area.
Overall, we had a great holiday. If you are looking for a cheap relaxing holiday out of peak season - then October is a great time to go. We couldn't have asked for better weather! The apartment/hotel is well suited for families, but catered well to our needs. Value for money but improvement needed - but then for 3* it is pretty good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cala d'Or Playa Aparthotel is in a quiet residential area in Cala d'Or. It is located between Cala Gran beach and Cala Esmeralda beach (both are around 350 metres from the Aparthotel), and is only a few minutes' walk to the central shopping area.Ideal for families with children, it has areas specially designed for kids, as well as entertainment for children and special events.The apartments are spacious, comfortable and well-equipped. You will be able to relax on your terrace or balcony overlooking the pool or the gardens, making your holiday unforgettable.The Aparthotel has 116 apartments, 32 of which have been totally renewed in 2013. It has 2 blocks, with 4 and 3 floors respectively; both buildings have lifts. Surrounded by gardens, it has a large swimming-pool with a playground for children, an outdoor Jacuzzi and a water SPLASH PARK.The Aparthotel has 116 apartments, all of them are spacious, comfortable and the decoration is of Mediterranean style. All the apartments are 35 m2 with a terrace or balcony (15 m2). They are for a maximum of four people, and there is enough space to put a cot in the bedroom. Unfortunately, we do not have apartments with two bedrooms. We have 3 types of apartments, depending on the location in the complex and the booked facilities. - STANDARD APARTMENTS: One double-bedroom (two 190 cm x 90 cm beds), one fully furnished bathroom with a bathtub, lounge with two sofa-beds, a terrace or balcony, and a kitchenette with a fridge, two electric cooking rings, microwave, electric coffee-machine, kettle, toaster and basic cooking utensils. Tv with international channels, telephone and hair-dryer. Air Conditioning. Clear views. - PLUS APARTMENTS: High-Standard. Totally renewed at the beginning of 2013. They have one double-bedroom (two 190 cm x 90 cm beds), one fully furnished bathroom with a shower, lounge with two sofa-beds, a terrace or balcony, and a kitchenette with a fridge, 2 electric cooking rings, microwave, electric coffee-machine, kettle, toaster and basic cooking utensils. 32" Led-Tv with international channels, telephone and hair-dryer. Air Conditioning. Open views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Apartamentos Cala d'Or Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Cala d`Or Playa Hotel Cala d`Or
- Playa Apartments Cala d Or
- Playa Apartments Hotel
- Apartamentos Cala D'Or Playa Majorca