Belmond La Residencia
Hoposa Costa d'Or Hotel(Deia)(Great Value!)
US$325
US$225
Es Moli Hotel(Deia)(Great Value!)
US$327
US$281
Hotels.com
US$378
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscafe miroson fonyel olivomain poolpool restauranttennis courtsplunge poolboat tripbeautiful hotella resgorgeous settingtasting menulocal artistsrichard bransonfood and winesmall villagetapas
Reviewed 15 June 2010

We stayed for 4 nights in total. Thankfully because the destination is so relaxing it felt like we'd been away for much longer. We were collected by a hotel transfer which had been arranged for us. A scenic drive that took around 30 minutes. We checked in whilst enjoying a glass of bubbly on the terrace. The staff were very helpful and welcoming. We stayed in room 27 that had recently had a refurb. Our bathroom was massive and beautiful. The view from the bedroom window was stunning.
Breakfast in the hotel was great with a huge variety of hot or cold meals. We enjoyed luch be the poolside. There were some very tasty salads on the menu and other dishes that we tried were equally nice. Dinner on the terrace on the first evening provided us with a wide range of dishes. We all enjoyed some tasty fish with a little tapas to start.
For the remainder of the holiday we ate in restaurants around Deia. For a small village they have some fantastic places. We weren't disappointed.
All in all a great holiday. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2010

We booked a Junior Suite and when we arrived were given Room 17 which is small dark and with bars on some windows like a cell. We asked to be moved and this was possible the following day, Room 29 was much lighter and better all round, They have 67 different rooms which are all different and it is important to speak to them when booking to try and match your requirements to what is available. We have had much better breakfast buffets in much cheaper hotels and the food is very expensive throughout the hotel. A very pretty setting, very clean but hard to justify the price

1  Thank kiwibates
Reviewed 15 May 2010

In preparation for our wedding in July 2010 being hosted by the same hotel, we stayed one night at La Residencia.
From the minute we drove to the door to the second we relunctantly left, the service, attention to detail, food and room were all above and beyond our already high expectations (having eaten there before). Attentative but not overbaring staff run the hotel like clockwork. Our room was superb, imaculate and well presented. Our wedding organiser was on hand to confirm all details for the wedding and save allot of hard work on our part.The meal in the evening was amazing (An ex chef myself), with excellent service and perfectly executed food from start to finish.
Breakfast was a very fresh and abundant layout of fruits, meats and just about everything you would ever want.
All i can say is, myself and my wife to be cannot wait until July for our wedding and the no doubt superb experience of the meal for us and our 20 guests and the following nights stay. I would thoroughly recommend this place to anyone (but not too many, as we are determined to keep this place our little secret!)

Reviewed 14 May 2010

After much research we decided to book a 3 night trip to La Residencia in Deia, Majorca. It is an expensive place to stay that is for sure however I booked about 5 or 6 month ahead to get the best rate they offer and they also had a 10% offer at the time too which helped. We paid about 275 EUR a night inclduing a beautiful breakfast. I think this is a pretty good deal. I have to say from the excellent reviews and the cost of the place I had high expectations but I was never dissapointed! And I have to admit I have pretty high standards. The worst part of the trip was the fact that we had to fly Easy Jet which as usual was a nightmare! I hear that british Airways is abotu to start flying there. Anyway La Residencia is just stunning. IWe arrived at nearly midnight on a friday night and we left on Monday afternoon. We hired a car which was the right thing to do as we spent a day at the little rocky beach down the road which was lovley and had a beautiful lunch at the seafood restaurant there. We eneded up doingt he same thing on sunday too! We ate at Xellini's on Sat night which was nice and Sebastians on Sunday night which was even better - althgouh a fair bit more expensive. We drove to Soller planning to have dinner there - thankfully it was a beautiful drive as we decided against having dinner there and drove back again! We visted Valdermossa briefly on our way to the aiport on the Monday and it is another idylic town like Deia although it is much bigger. I wish we had had longer to explore it. Everything about La Residencia is elegant, classic and tastful. It was my birthday so they had a bunch of tulips in the room for me when we arrived and a birthday card. Also i think we were upgraded. I have been telling everyone that they have to go there. It is a very special place. I cant wait to go back!

Reviewed 10 April 2010

This hotel is truly beautiful. Sprawling over a large site with rooms and buildings spaced out artfully making every room feel quiet and private. We were there early in the year and the weather was overcast for most of our stay but the room was a lovely place to stay and chill out, the spa did a good line in massages and when the sun did come out our terrace was put to good use. The hotel and it's grounds are all in perfect condition and it is one of those places where none of the "behind the scenes" activity is visible at all. I never spotted the air conditioning units (which, by the way, kept the room at the chosen temperature virtually silently, none of the wheezing stop-start cacophony so common in hotel rooms), the bins, the kitchens, the cleaning cupboards or anything else... they manage to keep it all hidden and maintain the vision of a place which revolves exclusively around the guests. The staff are all charming and multiliingual. Any flaws? A few... the food was a disappointment - not all the restaurants were open when we were there and the dinner options were the fearsomely priced El Olivo or the less fearsomely priced but very average Son Moragues where one can quickly tire of a limited range of tapas (many of them seemingly cooked direct from freezer to deep fryer). The day we ordered room service it took an hour to arrive and they got the order wrong. The breakfast, on the other hand, was delicious and excellent, and included in the room price as was the (limited) minibar containing soft drinks and beers. I guess - hope - the food gets better as the season progresses and the restaurants all open up. But overall, wonderful and worth the expense.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple