4,438 results
All reviews suites building sea view pool area the main hotel next year palma nova sky bar bar staff premium room kids club lovely hotel great holiday branded drinks half board themed nights junior suite plenty of choice
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

We’ve just had an 11 night break at this hotel so thought we’d leave an honest review.

Location: The location of this hotel is perfect with being in walking distance of most things you require to have a decent holiday. There is a walk way directly to the beach from the hotel which is great because you can just nip back to your room if you need to. This hotel is a five minute walk from Magaluf but don’t let that put you off. We didn’t have any trouble what so ever. The hotel was relatively peaceful for the most part. Id even recommend going into Magaluf early evening as there are some lovely cocktail bars and places to eat. We stayed in the main hotel but you can use the suites building directly opposite which is handy.

Room: When we first arrived I wasn’t overly impressed with our room. It was quite small and looked completely different to what had been advertised with Thomas Cook. I went down to reception straight away to discuss my concerns but they said to come back tomorrow when other options could be discussed. They also tried selling the fact it was a sea view but this didn’t really do much for me as I don’t come on holiday to sit in my room and look at the view. In the end we decided to stay put because our room was at the end of a corridor so it meant we wouldn’t be disturbed by passers by. The room just looked forgotten about compared to the others but it was just a base so I didn’t get too hung up on it. The bed wasn’t particularly comfortable and squeaked every time we moved but we soon got used to it. It’s also not ideal if you’re tall as my partner is 6’5 and his feet were hanging off the bed. The cleaning of the room was also inconsistent depending on who was working. Sometimes tea etc was not restocked and it just seemed like they literally made the bed and then left.

Pool: We spent most of our time around the pool in the suites building. The sun beds were the most comfortable I’ve ever known! They were like being on a mattress. This pool is definitely the quieter of the two and as a young couple was ideal for us. The snack bar is also at this pool so that was handy. The only way we managed to get round the main pool was by my partner heading down before it opened and literally making a run for the spot we wanted. We’ve never had to do this on holiday and to be honest it was embarrassing. Despite the signs everywhere saying you must not reserve sun beds - everyone did and by 9.30 most decent spots had gone. I found that there just wasn’t enough room for the sun beds and people were falling over each other. This pool was however warmer, so the nicer of the two to swim in. There was also steps down into the sea from this pool so whilst I was relaxing, my partner could go off snorkelling and I could watch.

Food: The breakfast and lunch were spot on but when it came to the evening meal, the selection was a bit odd. I’m not a fussy eater in the slightest but the selection was very limited. They even had space for more dishes but just repeated some of them. Very poor compared to other four star all inclusives we have stayed at. Some nights it was over run with fish dishes which is useless if you’re not a fan. The best night was Tuesday with oriental buffet and sushi so definitely give that a try.

The staff at this hotel are a credit. Always smiling and greeting you which made our stay more comfortable overall.

On the saturday night of our stay, the sea view became our worst nightmare. There were boats docked outside the hotel for the duration of our stay which was fine as they didn’t bother anyone. On the saturday night my partner was kept awake until 1.30am with boats that had docked directly outside our room playing loud music and cheering. Id sleep through an earthquake but when my partner woke me at 1am, it was that loud you’d think you were in a club. Maybe something to consider with the sea view.

Due to the little niggles from our experience we wouldn’t stay at this hotel again as it wasn’t particularly a cheap holiday for us and we’d expect a little more from a four star.

5  Thank kirstyaldo
AluaHotels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Alua Hawaii Mallorca & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Hi Kirsty,

First of all, we truly appreciate your honesty, and the time you took to share your opinion with us. We’re so glad to know you had a great time in our location, and thanks to your comments our future guests will know how to visit Magaluf. Did you enjoy the comfort from our sunbeds? That’s so satisfying! We wish to give our guests comfort and relax, so it’s great to know you had such a pleasant time in our pool area.

Regarding your comments, we regret your sleep has been bothered by the outside noise. This is why our hotel has the policy to stop the music before midnight, bu we regret we couldn’t do more to give you a relaxing sleep. Of course, we can do more to continue improving our services and that’s what we’re going to do thanks to your comments.

Thank you Kirsty. We’ll work harder and better as we wish to have the pleasure of greeting you again in our hotel.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely Hotel in a great location.
It could do with more parasoles round by the pool there is so little shade.
Food is pretty good can be a little bland but not bad.

Drinks we were all inclusive the beer and cider is fine but there lemonade and tonic dosent taste right so we were limited in what we could have.At lunch/dinner if you want to pour yourself a beer turn the tap on full before you put your cup under otherwise you end up with a glass of froth.

If you are out for the day they do not provide a packed lunch but we didn't mind this as it meant we could try local food when out and about.

The staff are very friendly and helpful.The hotel is kept very clean and tidy.

The entertainement is good when the staff do it especially Michael Jackson night, the comedian was terrible.

Slight negatives
The lifeguard told us no tops allowed in the pool, we are both very pale and had already been burnt on our shoulders and we tried to explain this and this was why we were wearing them but were told no end of. We have never had a issue at other hotels. However within seconds of this a kid was doing the same thing his mum explained he had been burnt and so needed to cover his shoulders exactly what we had said and he said she should of put sun cream on him which we thought was rather rude. He then allowed him to continue. No consistency after this we felt we couldn't enjoy the pool as he was there everyday so we went to the beach. It also says no inflatables everyone had inflatables it was never enforced. Also no written rule stating no tops.

Apart from that we really enjoyed this hotel and would recommend to anyone. And is the best all inclusive hotel I have been to and this is my 6th.

6  Thank Daniel P
AluaHotels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Alua Hawaii Mallorca & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Hi Daniel,

It's satisfying to know you had a relaxing stay in our hotel. Regarding the issue in the pool area, we regret the misunderstandings. We will search for solutions as we want all of our guests to enjoy a calm experience in the pool, we appreciate you pointing this out. It's such a pleasure to be mentioned as the best all inclusive hotel, really!! Thank you for your kindness.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

After reading some previous reviews I was apprehensive about my stay here. Thank goodness I went and made up my own mind. Hotel is out of this world, perfect location, clean and spacious rooms, views were just amazing. Always got the sunbeds we wanted, pool bar staff were always cheery and friendly. Some times a bit of a queue but that didn't bother us.
The entertainment team were incredible, always full of enthusiasm, and smiles. Andreau and Tony especially, seen them both every day, Always gave 100% with every activity and show. Very friendly and not at all pushy if you wanted a lazy day. Couldn't give them both enough praise for the hard work they do each day.
The hotel food I couldn't fault, always plenty of choice, really tasty and some options were cooked fresh. Never had a bad meal.
I can not fault this hotel and the staff, all very friendly and welcoming. My husband and I had an amazing 11 days. On our return home we rang to 're book for next year as we loved it that much. The whole holiday was perfect. Thank you for having us and we will definitely see you next year.
My suggestion would be to ignore some of the negative comments and 100% try this hotel for yourself as you won't be disappointed

3  Thank traceytolley

Dear Tracey,

We thank you so much for trusting our hotel and for deciding to stay with us, that means so much for us. We're so glad you had a pleasant stay and we will continue working to improve our many services as our aim is to make our guests enjoy an unforgettable holiday.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

We had prepaid for two rooms for two nights for young family of six at this hotel, and checked out a night early at our own expense because of a serious concern about security: One of our rooms was entered at 5:15AM in an apparent robbery attempt while we were sleeping.

The would-be thief exited very quickly and left the hotel room door ajar. We awoke immediately upon hearing the clicking noise of the door, and seeing the light from the hallway lift area, where we were situated opposite. After first checking that we were all safe and then double-locking the door, we settled back to sleep until 7AM, when I got up and dressed to report the incident to the front desk.

Very surprisingly, the main response of Manuel on the front desk to this serious security breach was to not to ring the manager, but to blame me for the delay in reporting the case: "Why did you not report this earlier? We could have done something then".

This attitude was reinforced upon check-out: The receptionist Gala said she was aware of our case, and said it was being looked into, but that it was difficult to say more. Only when I expressed my surprise that management did not seek us out to hear about the case, Gala then offered to find the manager, Natalia, who similarly offered her apologies and said she was certainly investigating the key records of the electronic lock. government hotel tax.

She did not offer a refund for the second night of our stay to come. However, she did offer to move the location of our room and to even post a security guard outside our room. But since we felt unsafe and had booked at another hotel for the second night of our stay, she simply expressed her regrets and said goodbye.

The feeling of doubt was reinforced when we received a call from another hotel staff member after we had checked out. Yes, they had now checked the records for our room and indeed found that the door had been opened at 5:30AM. "But since there can only be two keys to your room, it had to have been a member of your party that opened the door". In other words, one of us in the room must have used the key ourselves at 5:30AM!

One expects decent security at a four star hotel, and pro-active response. But what is not expected is to be ignored by management, blamed by front desk staff, and utterly uncompensated for lost expenses, such as the need to forfeit our prepaid booking.

A very sad experience for ourselves and our young children indeed.

Room tip: Beds are twins, they slide apart, and some have springs like a camp cot -- not a luxury experience
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
9  Thank Lori M
AluaHotels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Alua Hawaii Mallorca & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Hi Lori,

We truly appreciate the time you took to share your experience in our hotel. We truly regret this situation that happened during your stay. We did an investigation to study what might have happened as we wanted to make you feel safe in our hotel. We regret the misunderstandings that have happened with our staff members, we all want to help our guests and solve any type of problems. Once again, we truly regret the inconveniences.

We will continue working on giving a safe and comfortable stay to all our guests so, if we ever have the pleasure of receiving your family once again in our hotel, your experience will be safer and better.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed in room 702 for 7 nights from 16 june. Room was spotless and clean towels available daily. Food and named brand drinks for all Inc. were good with plenty choice, only criticism was food not very hot but there was a microwave available. The pool area was very over crowded and certainly not enough sunbeds available which caused tension between guests.
My main complaint is the day before leaving my reading glasses and case disappeared from room even though they had sat next to tv all week. I went straight to reception to report this and as we were leaving at 4.45am the following morning the receptionist assured me she would speak to the people with access to our room that day and e mail me within 24 hours. I e mailed the hotel for an update but no reply as yet. The most alarming thing is this must have been staff in the room that day, this has certainly put a very disappointing end to what would have been a near perfect holiday. All I can recommend is do not leave anything lying around in your room.
Hotel management need to take a look at their staff and advise me on how to compensate for my loss of property.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
7  Thank karentait19

Hi karentait19,

First of all, thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us. We’re glad to know you enjoyed our rooms service. It’s our aim to maintain the cleanliness from our rooms, so we’re glad this satisfied you. Regarding your comment, it’s been reported by our management that your glasses haven’t been found. Our team did search for your glasses carefully yet they haven’t been found in our hotel, so we truly regret this situation. Our staff will work harder and better to not let this situation be happening again as we wish our guests to have the best possible experience with us.

Once again, thank you. We truly wish to be fortunate enough to welcome you again in our hotel.