“Summervacation 2017 aug”

Aparthotel Porto Drach
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Porto Cristo
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Summervacation without 3 adult in a 3 room appartement in aparthotel PortoDrach in Porto christo .
Nice rather new apart hotel direct on the end of the harbour near by the shipsdock .
Clean and good hotel with a big appartement, big sleeping rooms and a Nice living with open kitchen, magnetron, and electronic furnace. 2 two person sleepingbed with a rather hard matras. Swimming pool is not big ,but for children big enough. Amount of sunbeds is not enough for the amount of hotelgast.
This apart hotel is ideal for divers because the diving scool skualo is on a 3 minute walk

Room Tip: The best rooms are they with the harbour or swimming pool view,these rooms have shaddow on the balc...
1  Thank Arie V

Reviewed 13 August 2017

I would not go back to this hotel even if I was paid. This hotel cost us £1100 and was booked through Travel Republic. I decided to pay this amount which I thought was a bit overpriced but thought it would be worth the money as the hotel was a 4 star and the reviews were good.

My first issue was that the kettle was disgusting, even after I washed it out there was large bits floating in it when I boiled the water.

The fridge had seen better days too as the door was rusty and looked very old. I had bought a bottle of wine and placed it on the shelf on the back of the door which would be the usual place to put it. When my husband opened the fridge door the shelf that the wine was on fell out and the wine smashed all over the floor. My husband cut his foot on the broken glass. The room does not have a phone so I had to go to the reception to advise them of their faulty fridge and that there was glass all over the floor and that there is no brush or mop in the room so I couldn't clean the floor. At this point I said to the reception manager Mat that I wasn't happy as so far we have had a disgusting kettle and a fridge that has seen better days. A cleaner came and gave the room a quick clean although there was still shards of glass which was visible. I started to pick up the glass by hand but thought that this is ridiculous so I had to go back to the reception manager to say that there is still glass and that I have two children and I don't want them cutting their feet on the glass. I said to the reception manager that my husband had already cut his foot and his response was ' I've just seen your husband and he looks fine to me!' I then asked to speak to his manager and his response was 'no you speak to me'. I said that I wanted to make a complaint and he said that I would have to contact my tour operator which is Travel Republic. I'm not sure why I would need to contact me tour operator to make a complaint when my complaint is in relation to the hotel and the attitude of the reception manager. The issue with the fridge was reported on Wednesday. We took the faulty door shelf and placed it on the floor as I was advised that someone would fix it. The shelf lay on the floor for the remainder of the holiday and was never fixed (we left on Sunday). I was also still picking up small pieces of glass which had not been swept up.

The next problem we had was that the external door handle came off in my husband hand so he had to tell the reception staff once again.

After we made a complaint on the Wednesday our bedsheets were never changed and our towels were only changed on our last day. They left us 2 towels for a family of four so once again we had to say to the reception staff.

I believe that the managers attitude changes as soon as you have a problem or say something negative. The hotel is quite happy to take my money for substandard facilities. The reception manager just shrugs and is verbally rude when you make a complaint and will not give you the details of the hotel manager to enable you to take matters further.

A holiday is a time to relax. We as a family did not find it relaxing. The pool area is opened at 10am and there is around 40 sun beds for around 300 people. I would definitely think twice about booking this hotel. I have been abroad many times and this is the first time I have written a review.

Room Tip: No good tips
3  Thank suzX8017XO
Reviewed 13 August 2017

We've just arrived home on the 12th August having stayed one week. We booked a premium sea view apartment and to be clear, don't book anything else. The hotel has premium rooms on the first floor but ask to be moved if you're allocated one unless you happen to be at the front. We were on the 3rd floor to the side of the hotel which had an elevated view over the pool and down toward the marina - it was cracking! Our room was 305 which was situated at the edge but allowed for sun morning till dusk. We had 4 loungers, a day bed and a large table and chairs on the balcony, the balcony measured 25ft by 14ft, it was huge! The room was spacious and the kitchen was good. We visited another premium room on the first floor and it wasn't as nice so not all rooms are the same! The hotel is spotless, modern and the desk staff are very very helpful. This is not a bustling family hotel, there are no kids clubs, no rowdiness just nice couples and families. We had our two children (ages 4 and 10) and they were kept busy enough when we were at the pool. Regarding the pool this is where I have to down score the hotel. VERY IMPORTANT - the pool does not open until 10am and closes at 6pm, there is NO accessing the pool before 10am and the pool attendant will chase you out at 6pm. A queue starts to form from 9:30am with families and couples keen to secure beds, I counted just over 60 loungers so there ain't a huge amount for a hotel this big. That said, I watched the pool chap lift towels and place them to the side for those folks who reserved beds and didn't show up again for several hours. The pool board advertises the hotel as being open from the 9am but this is not the case, I don't know why they open at 10am but if you have kids you have a problem!! Its less than five minutes stroll to the bars and restaurants, Porto Cristo is like sleepy hollow so this is no bustling resort. If you like it quiet you will love it. A couple of places to mention, if you turn right when you come out of the hotel and pass through the blue gates into the marina and walk for 2-3 minutes until you come the end you will find a fantastic little eaterie which sits right on the waters edge looking onto the boats, not just any boat - Rafa Nadals yacht! Coffee and cake is €3.50 and a large beer was only €3. The food was very reasonable with a main meal between €8-15 depending on what you had. We would walk there in the morning for a coffee and watch the boats set sail - beautiful! If you come out of the hotel and go left (this is heading to the main part of the town) stop at the bar at the end of the road on the left, €3 for a beer, great snacks and tapas and ice lollies are in constant supply for the kids. The beach is a 7-minute walk, there are a couple of ways to find it so you won't be stuck. It's not a big stretch but it's clean and the sand is soft. If you're self-catering there is a Hiper Centro Navegante supermarket. Before you steam in though work out what you need, I found the supermarket expensive, more like Waitrose. With the food and drink remarkably cheap in the bars and restaurants I wouldn't be to quick to fill your fridge. We were at Puerto Pollensa last year and it was easily twice the price for everything!

Great hotel, terrific location but the pool opening time is poor - really poor. There are only 8 loungers at the shallow end and kids pool so to get close to where your kids will be splashing around you better be willing to wait it out at 9:30am to get your beds! Last thing, there is no pool bar either or one even close by for drinks.

Email me if you have any questions about the resort or the hotel - happy to help!

Room Tip: Premium sea view on floor 3.
2  Thank Justine1974_11
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

10 nights here with family recently and very pleasant accomodation and staff.Good amenities with great location for everything in Porto Cristo.The marina view is amazing and lovely to wake up to.Highly recommend the Porto Drach to those looking for a relaxing break.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

We are 2 adults with 2 teenagers and booked with Jet2.com for 1 week. We had a one bedroom apartment with a marina view. The balcony and view were the best we have ever had, it made the holiday extra special. The rooms were modern and very spacious and clean. The staff were super friendly and helpful. Can't comment on the food as we were self catering. The pool area was good and we used a couple of times, we managed to get sun beds as long as we didn't leave it any later than 11 ish. We hired a small car at reception for 2 days to visit different beaches and it cost about 100 euros to hire. A great location and lots of lovely restaurants very close by, I recommend Quince and Trant3a and Flamingo. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
7.2 km away
Hipotels Dunas Cala Millor
Hipotels Dunas Cala Millor
#22 of 59 in Cala Millor

Been to Aparthotel Porto Drach? Share your experiences!