Just spent 7days at the lagomonte hotel in Alcudia.Things didn,t get off to a good start for us, as when we arrived it was lashing down with rain and we had to unload our own cases from the transfer coach.The Thomas cook driver and rep sat on the coach obviously affraid of water.Anyway we made our way to reception and were greeted by two very pleasant spanish receptionists.Our rooms were basic but clean.The rooms were at the rear of the hotel and overlooked what can only be described as wasteland (see photos) they dont show this in the brochure!!Outside the front of the hotel is alarge man made lake with an island bar belonging to the hotel.The bar was closed due to end of season .The lake was filthy and had a lot of dead fish floating in it .For some reason, after dark there was a horrible smell of sewage from the lake.
The hotel lounge area is quite large with sofas,chairs and tables and again clean.The entertainment is held outside the front of the hotel under three large canopies.The entertainment (Vibes Tribe) probably isn't to everybody,s taste and is more suited to families with young children.The food and drink is the downfall of the hotel.The restaurant is quite large,clean and well maintained but the selection of food is terrible.If your expecting a full english breakfast, this isn,t the hotel for you.It,s the first time ever that i,ve had cauliflour in batter for breakfast.The bar staff are as bitter as the lager they serve.It says San Miguel on the pump but it,s probably some cheap local beer.Your lucky if you get a glass as they serve most drinks in small plastic disposable cups the size of a thimble.Although it was all inclusive by mid week we were going out to bars in the town as i couldn,t suffer the food and drink any longer.Theres,s a cracking English bar just around the corner opposite the Bellevue complex called the yummy yummy bar.Proper food!!!!
Overall the hotel is probably one of the better three star hotels iv,e stayed in but i would,nt go there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Hotel Lagomonte, located at the Alcudia Harbour, you will find a holiday atmosphere with a large variety of entertainment and recreational options, as well as sports. Undoubtedly a good option for holidays near the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your BelleVue Lagomonte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bellevue Lagomonte Hotel Port d`Alcudia
- Hotetur Lagomonte Hotel
- Hotetur Lagomonte Puerto Alcudia