“Don’t go to this restaurant!”

La Cantina Don Pepe
Ranked #286 of 398 Restaurants in Corralejo
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Full rack of ribs were terrible, meat didn’t fall off bones. Just fatty and obviously pan fried. Complained and nothing happened. Fajitas were passable but for cost I would expect better. Bill came and was told no cards (small sign in other side of restaurant) so cash only. As we were paying bill a young girl jumped up from her table as a cockroach was on table cloth then another one ran across restaurant floor!! A waitress stood on it then lifted it with a napkin. Please avoid this overpriced, bad food restaurant.

1  Thank Donna M

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We went as a party of 4 adults and a child, we came here on our last night of our holiday having walked past on numerous occasions. I ordered T bone steak but they apologised as none left so was offered a sirloin at the same weight so accepted. Turns out the steak was massive I ordered medium rare it was slightly over cooked around edges and chips could have been cooked slightly longer but OMG the steak was fab. Boomy partner and dad ordered ribs but can’t remember what sauce it came with but there was plenty. Overall whole party felt it was the best meal of the holiday.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Ribs were cold, sent them back, enchiladas were disgusting dried shredded chicken in a wrap, no sauce, no peppers as advertised, complaint made when waiter cleared table, he did not even attempt to apologise, manager took off price of enchiladas, worst meal of our holiday

1  Thank Sharon O
Reviewed 25 June 2018

After visiting here during our trip last year we headed here upon arrival this year again, wow what a disappointment. The food was ok, the customer service was terrible, we waited almost 10 mins before anyone came near us with a menu, we then had to wait again before they came back to take our food order, we ordered starters in addition to the main course, 2 of the 4 of us were finished our starters , one of the servers came and removed our empty plates, he then proceeded to remove the remaining plates of the other two people who had literally just lifter the last piece of food onto their fork.
As I said the food was just ok, nothing special. when dinner was finished I asked for the bill, I waited 10 mins no bill appeared, I then asked another member of staff for the bill, I waited another 5 mins no bill appeared, the restaurant was almost empty, I finally got the bill after having to corner the first member of staff, truly shocking lack of customer service. On another note, they do not accept cards as a method of payment in this place. Looking back this let down was a blessing in disguise as we found a much nicer, friendlier spot to eat for the duration of our stay.

1  Thank paulconnolly
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

After waiting 45 minutes for our meal we were both extremely disappointed!! I wanted a fillet pepper steak, medium to rare, got a well done steak the size of a McDonald’s burger!! My partner had the worst t bone steak ever, which was suppose to be rare and yet again was dry and well done. Would have sent the meals back but we were hungry and didn’t want to wait another 45 minutes. When the waitress came to clear the plates we said it hadn’t been good, she told us she would inform the manager and within seconds the bill was there and nobody interested in our feed back. Wish we had read reviews first, but it looked so nice from outside as you could see the chef cooking on the bbq and looked and smelt good. We love this resort and visit regularly and this has been our worst meal.

1  Thank Maurice R