All reviewsdali's houseport lligattapascap de creusbeach barlovely poolsalvador dalilarge car parksteep hillmin walkshort breakbook in advancebeautiful naturesmall baywithin walking distancespent one night herehotel restaurant
Reviewed 21 July 2018

We enjoyed our short stay at this pleasant hotel, in a quiet location on the edge of Cadaques, but we found it a little far from the centre. We took the car into the centre one evening and the large car park was incredibly expensive.
The staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank annaWarwickshire
Reviewed 12 July 2018

Stayed here for 3 nights on a short break from the UK. We were looking for pretty seaside location and a bit of relaxing time. At Hotel Calina we got this and were very please with our stay overall. Hotel is in Port-Lligat which is a 15-20 min walk away from Cadaques - pretty steep hill though to get over there and back.

Not too many facilities around the hotel but the Hotel itself is a nice place to relax with a nice pool and plenty of space to sit and read a book in the shade. A few small downsides. We had a room with a seaview which was pleasant but basic. Would have been nice if they supplied complimentary water and coffee making facilities but these were missing (option to pay €2 for a 500ml bottle of water from mini-bar - this should be free as the tap water does not taste that great). Also a lack of things to do around the hotel meant that the trek to Cadaques was necessary to have good options for food etc. Another thing about the area is the lack of sandy beaches - the beaches around are small and rocky.

Overall, had a great stay and recommend.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JoeB40
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

On the last portion of our travels to the Costa Brava my husband and I stayed at Hotel Calina near Cadaques. Since I am a painter I had to see Dali’s home and gardens before I left Spain; I asked the hotel staff to please inquire about reserving a spot on the next tour. As we settled into our room, a lady on staff came running up to us saying she got us on the tour for that afternoon! Wow! What an experience! And the hotel is very close to Dali’s home! Needless to say I really think the hotel is a great place to stay in such a beautiful part of Spain and the hotel and staff are the best!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2018

It is a little hard to find, but once you do, you'll be pleasantly surprised. Technically located in the tiny village of Port-Lligat, Hotel Calinas is just steps away from the main attraction in the area, Salvador Dali's house. Port-Lligat is basically a one horse town containing a small beach, a beach bar, a church, and Dali's house.

If you have never been to the area, rest assured that Hotel Calina is also within walking distance to stunning beauty of Cadaques. This small, hilly, seaside town, is a popular destination for Catalans and French. The seaside area has numerous restaurants for visitors to enjoy. The walk from the hotel requires a very steep walk up a hill past Dali's house and a church and then back down a hilly path/street to Cadaques. I estimate the walk is about 3/4 of a miles (1.2 km) one way.

As for the hotel itself, it was vey attractive. The pool, overlooking the small cove, is large, clean, and very enticing. Unfortunately, it was a bit chilly for me. Our room, overlooking the pool, was a bit small, but not overly so. The colors and decor were reminiscent of a seaside villa. It reminded me of places I have stayed in California, USA.

Another perk is the parking. Guest of hotel Calina are provided with complimentary space, which is a commodity in Cadaques. I suggest leaving the car at the hotel and walking into Cadaques if you stay here. If you have the stamina, you can also hike Cap de Creus directly from the hotel. I estimate it would take about three hours to reach the lighthouse at a leisurely pace

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2018

The hotel is located right on the bay and has good infrastructure. Staff is very friendly , the hotel installations in a good shape and appartments were clean large enough for us. The pool area is very nice for kids. It is near the nature and it is wonderful to hear the little birds instead of loud cars, it is a 20 min walk to the center of Cadaques.

Room Tip: Web-site provides all necessary information
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family