“Peace & calm but handy”

Hotel Blaumar Cadaques
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Cadaques
Reviewed 23 September 2016

Hotel Blaumar is a simple but welcoming hotel removed slightly from the centre of Cadaques to offer peace and calm but with views nonetheless of the harbour and white buildings of this charming part of the Costa Brava.

Room Tip: west side offers best views
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
blaucadaques, Gerente at Hotel Blaumar Cadaques, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2016

Thank you for your kind words, we are pleased that you have enjoyed a pleasant stay in our hotel, we hope that on your next visit to Cadaques hope you come to Hotel Blaumar Cadaques again.

Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

I had 3 nights in Cadaqués in between other things so ended up solo! The hotel was perfect for me, I enjoyed the good weather at the pool and staff were very helpful even though my level of Catalan wasn't quite so helpful at times!
If I had one point it would just be the noise between rooms, it was a point I noticed but was never disturbed myself
I'd thoroughly recommend the personal approach delivered at Blaumar as its how I think hotels should be and I certainly felt very welcome
Cadaqués itself is magical, I have left with very fond memories and plan to return

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 August 2016

Stayed here for a three day end to our three week road trip around Spain. Well placed hotel with street or pay parking (under the building), nice location. The room was airy,clean and spacious and had a small balcony...with a great view.
I loved Cadaqués and loved this little hotel.
We had room 104.

Room Tip: Use the pay parking and leave your car for a few days...the streets are very very busy in August
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gary S
blaucadaques, Gerente at Hotel Blaumar Cadaques, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2016

Thank you for your kind words, we are pleased that you have enjoyed a pleasant stay in our establishment, we hope that on your next visit to Cadaqués Hotel Blaumar Cadaqués again.

Reviewed 10 July 2016

This is a lovely clean, small, quiet hotel outside the main centre of Cadaques but within easy walking distance. Until our last day I would have rated it excellent, but I now recognise adverse comments made by other reviewers. In accordance with hotel rules we duly paid our bill the evening before we left, because of our 8.30am departure the following day by taxi for our train at Figueres. However, breakfast started at 8.30am so we were adamantly refused it and there was absolutely no discretion. We had stayed at the hotel for a week, were known to all the staff and our total bill (for 2 of us) was over 1000 euros. I would have hoped this level of custom would have earned some recognition. On the morning of our departure the taxi - booked by the hotel the previous day - failed to arrive. Anxiety levels increased when the hotel did not have a record of the booking and did not know which taxi company to ring. It transpired the taxi driver was asleep in bed. The hotel immediately distanced itself denying any responsibility for booking an unreliable taxi company. In the end we doubled up with other people in a shared taxi and made it to Figueres in time to buy some breakfast. The response from the hotel was that we would be able to share the cost of the taxi and save money! A few lessons in good customer relations would not go amiss, I think. This was a disappointing end to an otherwise delightful stay in this lovely quiet hotel.

Room Tip: Pay more and book a room with a balcony overlooking the town.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DS221
Reviewed 8 July 2016

Very nice, comfortable and clean hotel in Cadaques. Comfortable bed, nice breakfast and staff. Hotel has a great location. Parking can be a bit difficult but this concerns all city. We want to come back.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple