See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 August 2012 via mobile

My parents and I had a very pleasant stay here. The rooms were exceptionally clean, and the staff was pleasant. There is an elevator, which was helpful for my elderly parents. We had a car and were able to load and unload at the church next to the hotel. However, it was a bit of a challenge to turn around to go back down as our car was a standard size sedan. The value is exceptional considering the popularity of this exclusive resort village. It was such a unique experience to walk the slate roads back to the hotel after dinner. Every thing in cadaques is minutes away. At the time we made our reservation, during the summer, the staff would only book a day or two ahead, which may make it difficult to plan.

Date of stay: July 2012
4  Thank Dudebell
Reviewed 16 October 2011

We spent three nights here in September. Our simple room on the 2nd floor was beyond immaculate, with a view down the hill to the water, a great bathroom, and a clothesline. The owner had been extremely accommodating as I changed the dates of our reservation, despite the fact that (unbeknownst to me) we were booking for probably one of the busiest weekends of the season, as school would start the next day. We loved the location at the top of the hill, though it could be a problem if you have a lot of luggage. Parking is only available at the bottom of the hill, but we found free parking on the road next to/below the expensive paid lot. (Mondays are the exception for parking there as it is market day.) We loved our stay in Cadaques and would definitely stay at the Vehi again if we were to return.

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2011

I just spent 3 days in Cadaques while my husband was attending a conference nearby. In my opinion Cadaques is the most beautiful place on the Costa Brava, and Fonda Vehi the perfect place in the oldest part of town. It's friendly, comfortable, quiet, clean, and ideally located. It seems to be the only place up the hill, across from the old church, and it is a world apart from the busy waterfront and the tourist beaches although they are all just a few minutes (on foot) away. Its only drawback, which is also its greatest plus, is that it can only be reached on foot from the train station, bus terminal, or parking lot. So you have to drag your luggage while climbing up steep, narrow and unevenly paved narrow lanes and quite a few steps to get there. But exactly this makes it so charming and special. I loved it.

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank mariposa1893
Reviewed 6 August 2010

I was a little nervous booking this hotel since there were so few reviews - but was very pleasantly surprised. Location is nice just a few short blocks from the waterfront.

The rooms were very basic, but comfortable with nice sheets. Air condiitioning was individually controlled.

Staff were very helpful but did not speak much english but no problems.

Date of stay: July 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank majmaj4
Reviewed 18 October 2007

The night was coming as we arrived in Cadaques and started looking for a place to stay. Fonda Vehi was the first one we looked at and decided to take. For an excellent price (40 EUR for a double) we got a nice, clean room in excellent location just some minutes walk from the beach. It was a bit noisy though, as located right above the reception front door, but the noise seems to be a typical problem in Spain. The bathroom was ok.

Date of stay: October 2007