Lock in the lowest price from these sites
FindHotel
StayForLong
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Just returned from a recent stay in the hotel it was in a good location, clean, the beds were comfortable, food was ok and we had a pleasant stay up until the morning we left. I was on holiday with my cousin and my elderly Mum who is 80 and I arranged with the reception the day before departure that we could have an early breakfast at 7.15am as we were being picked-up at 7.55am. We went to the dining room in the morning as agreed and the waitress who was setting up breakfast immediately ordered us to leave saying it was not agreed. My Mum had to take medication and needed to have some tea and toast before we left for the airport. I insisted we did not leave the dining room but the waitress continued to be unhelpful and delayed putting out bread and butter until she was forced to as the dining room opened at 7.30am. The confrontation with the waitress was a very stressful experience prior to departure and spoiled the end of our holiday. I would certainly not return to this hotel as I do not go on holiday to be stressed by the actions of some members of staff who clearly have no respect for the guests they are paid to assist.

Room tip: Stayed in room 109 noisy and sea view spoiled by trees
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
GHT_H0tels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at GHT Hotel Maritim, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear guest,
I deeply apologize for the misunderstanding occurred. We always try to adapt our schedule to the guest needs; I’m so sorry if that time we made a mistake.
Hopefully you will give the opportunity to show you that this issue was an isolated mistake and that these kinds of things don’t happen in Hotel Marítim.
Best regards, and again sorry.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

The location was very good, the food was ok, but sometimes not very warm,The hotel was very clean and the staff helpful and friendly, The main complaint I had was the room, 208. When we booked our room we were quite happy to have a street view, rather than pay more for a sea view, The day after I booked ,I asked for a walk in shower as my husband had recently had a hip replacement, and didnt want to risk climbing into a bath, As he is not able to walk too far some days, we thought that weather permitting, we could sit and read, on the balcony, When we were given our room, it had a walk in shower , which was great, but no balcony to sit on , only a very small verandah which one person could stand on, The room was at the side of the building looking into the side of the hotel next door and rubbish bins ,no place for us to sit and relax in the room, apart from the end of the beds, So instead of a relaxing holiday, we had to go out all the time just to get out of that uncomfortable room. This was not ideal for my husband, ,but we could not afford to pay more I would also like to say that at no time were we told that if we had a walk in shower, we would not get a room with a balcony

Room tip: make sure you dont get room 208.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GHT_H0tels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at GHT Hotel Maritim, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2013

Dear Sheena,
Thanks for sharing your opinion on TripAdvisor.
I deeply apologize for the inconvenient that you had with your room. I recommend on your next visit to communicate the hotel, in advance, your wishes and needs. We will try to allocate you the best room according your needs.
Hopefully we will see you again.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Positives: good location across railway line from beach. Rooms basic but clean would have been better with double bed. Reception, bar and restaurant staff very helpful and friendly.
Negatives: food in restaurant bland and repetitive. Drinks in restaurant expensive €1.30 for a small bottle water. Area and hotel predominantly German & Russian only managed to find a couple of English bars a short walk away. Hotel very strict on policy of taking food out of restaurant which I felt unfair if you had paid for it. Strong drainage/sewerage smell in bathroom on return in afternoon which seemed a common problem on top floor, pitied those that didn't have a window to open in the bathroom. Would have appreciated tea/coffee facilities in room everything extra was chargeable - safe, tv remote
Overall it was ok but not sure I would return.

Dear Neiland,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. It's a pleasure to know that overall you had a good time with us.
We hear all your comments and see possibilities to improve and make sure your next visit will exceed your expectations.
I apologize for the inconvenient that our policy of taking food out of the restaurant may bother you. We established this policy because a lot of clients used to take big amounts of food outside the restaurant in order to have a picnic later. I’m sure it is not your case, but we had to regulate this action establishing the policy. Thank you for your comprehension.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 14 September 2013

As a regular traveller, and expecting a good deal having read the reviews, we were disappointed with the room. We were offered one on the back with no balcony and right by the servants stairs with metal door. Our small window looked at the back yard with no view of anything except walls and stairs you needed you curtains drawn all day being at the bottom. I asked for a better room and got it but paid a extra 112 euros for the week. Why they put us in this one when there were much better ones empty is a mystery. This Hotel shows itself with a beach frontage but this is just a part of it very many rooms are inferior and looking nowhere only at each other. The food was good, the hotel was clean but there was a sewage smell on floor 7, this is where we ended up It came on during the night and a lot of residents had complained but nothing was done.
I would not stay there again as there are better ones close by.

Room tip: Be careful with the room choice. Not many brits there mostly eastern visitors. May be almost too smelly to sleep. Thomas Cooke subsidiary ..too many corners cut. We could see a mass of something being let into the sea at night. I have a photo.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GHT_H0tels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at GHT Hotel Maritim, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Dear Hans,
Thanks fo visiting hotel Marítim and post this comment on TripAdvisor.
I apologize for the misunderstanding regarding our rooms. We have different kind of rooms with different prices; maybe next time you will book a sea view, I strongly recommend this kind of room. I’m honest when I say that the views are amazing.
It will be our pleasure to welcome you once again!

Reviewed 13 September 2013

We booked this fairly last minute so was reasonably priced and we can honestly say it's one if the nicest hotels we've stayed in. Every where was spotlessly clean, the staff were very helpful and friendly, the location is perfect, with the beach literally over the road. Only a couple of minor negative comments which are: where as the roof terrace is lovely, it wasn't mentioned anywhere that the lift didn't go there and you had to go from the top floor to the roof via an outside spiral metal staircase, which meant as my husband is terrified of heights we were unable to enjoy this area. Also the food was lovely and plentiful for my husband but for myself a vegetarian who doesn't each fish, the choice was salad chips and pasta every night! but that does seem to be the case most places! Overall a great holiday and would definitely recommend the Maritim

Room tip: we stayed on the 5th floor with a sea view, quiet from other guests.

Dear Chrissie,
Thanks for sharing your opinion on TripAdvisor. I’m happy to know that overall you had a good stay at Hotel Marítim. I apologize for the inconvenience with the roof top, we will take your comment into consideration for future improvements.
We are waiting for you at Hotel Marítim.