“Great food at Loetje!!”

Cuisines: Dutch
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2017

We always go to Loetjes Centraal, but this time we wanted a different scenery. When we made the reservation, we hoped for a beautiful hot day so we could sit outside, but no such luck.
We were here at Easter and it was really busy.
Of course, we ordered the "biefstuk" and the hamburgers and it was delicious. But for me, the best dish is the dessert and I never have desserts. They had a chocolate mousse with caramel and Snickers peanuts and it was delicious.
It was our daughter's birthday and they made something special of it. That was so nice. Staff is extremely friendly.
I love it that you can park your car next to the restaurant.
We'll definitely be back (hopefully on a sunny day).

Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

Fantastic Steak and Salad using the same tried and tested formula as all the other restaurants of the same name. Great local beer and lively atmosphere. Busy every night of the week. If you like steak it is a must visit.

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

We went with a Dutch friend for steak to this very trendy, upscale, yuppy-ish (his description) restaurant. We were early and it quickly filled up on a Tuesday evening. The service was prompt and polite. The food was excellent with more generous proportions than expected. We had a lovely time.

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

It's a good place to taste the traditional Dutch Beefstuk. They use tenderloin and cooked it in s frying pan with lots of margarine. It's a bit healthy worry for me though.
But taste so good.
Ask for the meat to be cooked in medium rare, this is exactly how you can taste their good cooking balance with the meat taste as well. I tried their light bites, small pork ribs and shrimp croquettes which are also good

Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

Best dutch steak you can get in a restaurant. Simple but tasty sidedishes from very good quality. The steak is from very high quality and baked perfect. You can get free bread to dip in the gravy. After I finished eating, my plate was shining and clean. I took the steak with garlic (its not on the menu. Just a tip...). It s always very busy here, so its possible that you have to wait for a table. We were lucky, we had the last spot on their own free parking and immediately got a table... If you want to be quick just go early, around 17 o clock, otherwise be patient, the steak is worth it. I have a friend, who ate at almost all locations of Loetje and he is pretty sure that Oudekerk aan de Amstel has the best package of them all and has the best overall experience. All other locations are to busy in his opinion... Steaks are from the same high quality at all locations. I really loved the food, but the ambiance is like an eats barn... But I was in good company, so it didnt bother me. Good luck...