“good chinese cuisine”

Yu & You Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #22 of 238 Restaurants in Blackburn
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Yu & You is an award winning, contemporary Cantonese Chinese restaurant and bar located in Copster Green within the heart of the picturesque Ribble Valley in Lancashire, Northwest England. Our established restaurant was founded and is owned by our passionate head chef Charlie Yu. Charlie, pictured below, founded Yu & You in Horwich, near Bolton, in 1989 before relocating the restaurant to Copster Green in 2004. Charlie leads our multi-award winning culinary team in the kitchen whilst his daughter, Victoria, oversees the smooth running of the restaurant and bar.
Reviewed 21 December 2017

Deservedly busy with reliable chinese food - an upmarket twist - the spare ribs with salt and pepper were particularly nice as were the other starters - the peking duck was nice but I believe the plum sauce has changed recently and is quite salty - sweet and sour pork was lovely and the serving staff were all pleasant and helpful. A reliable dining fixture

1  Thank aquietnightin

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

Went out for sunday tea as a treat from my husband to this restaurant after reading all the good reviews on tripadvisor. This place is gorgeous inside really modern and welcoming the staff are pleasant too. The food is so tasty but unfortunately you dont get a great deal of it ! For starters my husband had salt & pepper ribs and i had crispy squid both delicious but hardly anything on your plate only enough to get a taste ! So I was hoping for more on my plate when my main meal arrived which was shredded crispy beef and my husband had shredded crispy chicken, again portion sizes are ridiculously small especially for a main meal too. Again food cannot be knocked it was so delicious but not enough of it and especially the price you pay too which was extortionate. £21.00 for a small plate of crispy beef (WOW) even charged us for water which is free in most restaurants ! All in all a very expensive night, would i return to this restaurant (NO) because of portions sizes and prices. I would of given it a 5* star if the prices were reasonable, hence thats why i only gave it a 4* star. If you’ve got lots of money and only eat very small portions then this restaurant will suit you, otherwise i’d stay away from it.

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

We had a fantastic evening with family and friends. Victor and Vinny really looked after us
The food was amazing and we can’t wait to go back

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

The food at this place is nice. Probably not better than some of the Chinese restaurants in Manchester, but it is nice. It irritates me that they charge £4.25 for a smallish bottle of water. If you are paying £25 for a main you expect water to be complimentary. I have no problem with a meal being on the expensive side but you just feel like this place squeezes every penny it can out of you. You don’t even get anything sweet with the bill as you would expect in even the most basic Chinese restaurants. The interior is a bit tired and the lighting is horrific. There are random spot lights throughout the restaurant that make certain seats feel like they are under an interrogation light. It would be a relatively quick fix to buy some softer bulbs. The waiting staff are nice and attentive.

Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

Boyfriend took me after hearing good things from a work colleague, sadly not as impressed as his colleague was, we were still hungry after eating, and what was basically two mains, a couple sides and drinks the bill came to just short of £90!! Not worth it go somewhere else.. The Gordon Ramsey status isn't worth your money!