“Beautiful Gurdwara family trip”

Guru Nanak Darbar Gurdwara
Ranked #3 of 27 things to do in Gravesend
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the biggest Gurdwaras in Europe hosting fantastic facilities for Sikhs and the wider community, including three Meditation Halls, two Langar Halls, fully equipped Lecture Theatre seating 140 people, ICT suite, Library, Meeting Room, etc. Nursery provision to be developed. The compex also includes Sports fields and Sports Hall (home of Guru Nanak Football Club, Kabaddi, Karate, Basketball, etc), Guru Nanak Day Centre for the Elderly, and Punjabi School at weekends.
Reviewed 9 May 2017

I attended Guru Nanak Darbar Gurdwara with my Grandfather aged 90 and two children. It is a beautiful Gurdwara located in Gravesend. We had a lovely day out in Gravesend and great memories of this beautiful place during a hot summers day. We turned into the road entering Guru Nanak Darbar it really reminded me of India. The Kids enjoyed exploring the surroundings and we attended pray service and my son enjoyed eating prashad. My Grandfather was a Sikh man of strong faith and he previously visited this Gurdwara. It is open for all visitors and accessible to everyone. Please remove shoes, cover hair and wash hands when entering the premises. There is a car park on site for visitors. The nearest Train Station is Gravesend.

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Visited Gravesend to see Pocahontas statue knew nothing of the temple. Was advised to visit as a festival was happening on that day. We walked to the temple and what an amazing site, breathtaking and beautiful. Went inside and it's beautifully decorated and so colourful. So pleased I went. If you ever go to Gravesend please go to this beautiful temple it is wonderful.

Reviewed 26 April 2017

Wonderful. Had a good meal here. Definitely worth visiting. Puts the churches to shame. Very good place to visit

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

We stopped by for a visit with our two small children. It's an absolutely amazing site, and beautiful inside too. I still can't believe it's hidden away on some suburban back streets! We removed our shoes in the entrance area and used the provided scarves to cover our heads - everyone was extremely welcoming of us wondering around. Definitely worth a visit if you're in the area, and easy to walk to from the town centre. A very peaceful spot.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

My Favourite place of worship - It is peaceful and beautiful - a must visit not just by locals but tourists too.