“Nice food&environment, 1h wait ”

The Duck in the Pond
Ranked #77 of 369 Restaurants in Harrow
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Food is served daily from Midday until 10pm (subject to availability).
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went for lunch with colleagues. The pub is large and welcoming. Even though the pub was not full, it took more than an hour to get served! All of my colleagues got their main and later on desert ! Mine arrived when everyone else had finished their desserts.
Once food arrived, it was tasty.

General Manager A, Manager at The Duck in the Pond, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank for leaving a review. We appreciate all feedback.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went for a quick lunch today and after sorting out the refund for parking ordered up a pint of Rev James. It stunk of vinegar: the non-drinking staff member admitted she could smell it! Accepted a pint of Pride instead. Then ordered a prawn sandwich. Received a tuna mayo. Could have been a "mis-hear". Did not say anything but then found the white bread was slightly stale and the filling miserly. On paying, I asked what had happened really me bad pint. "Nothing". Slunk away, vowing never to return. Staff were nice, though, hence two stars.

General Manager A, Manager at The Duck in the Pond, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry that your time was not up to our usual high standards. We appreciate all comments and suggestions so that we can improve our guest experience.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

We decided to have a nice Sunday roast for a birthday celebration after receiving an email offering me a free birthday bottle of prosecco. The terms stated that we would receive-the bottle if four people were dining, which they were. We’ve eaten here before so knew what we wanted. Went up to the bar with my voucher and presented it to the bar staff taking our order. Straight away we encountered a problem, the bar lady was unable to use the voucher and simple couldn’t be bothered. She told us it wasn’t working and that we had to order four meals anyway, we hadn’t even given her our order yet. She tried again but couldn’t do it and simple said well you can’t have it. She clearly wasn’t very tech savvy and just couldn’t be bothered. I asked her to try again as this was their incentive to get me to eat here. She very reluctantly tried even if it was half heartily. No she then said they were out of prosecco and that was that. By this time I stated to get a little annoyed, why have these promotions if your staff can process them. I asked for the manager, she simple entered up the code into the till and gave me a bottle of sparkling wine. Simple I was happy with the alternative and we ordered our food. Totally annoyed at the huffing and puffing, lack of effort and at times rude manner from the bar staff serving me. The roasts were fabulous and we all devoured our meals, pudding was gorgeous too. Shame about the staff of our meal.

General Manager A, Manager at The Duck in the Pond, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We sorry about the misunderstanding but are glad that it was sorted to your satisfaction.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Old rude manager gone. New one welcoming and most importantly not rude! No complaints! Food could be improved but that’s in general across this chain.

1  Thank Gemma J
General Manager A, Manager at The Duck in the Pond, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

Thank you Gemma for leaving a review. If there is anything that you think would have made your visit better please let us know.

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

Very nice, traditional english pub. During the summer is beautiful because they have tables outside, the garden is really nice.

General Manager A, Manager at The Duck in the Pond, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a 5* review. We appreciate all comments and feedback.