“Ok but could be really good”
Review of The Orchard

The Orchard
Ranked #69 of 171 Restaurants in Horsham
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 May 2017

I visited for early lunch with Mum on a Saturday. It is easy to locate on the A272 and there is plenty of parking. We were welcomed and seated straight away and our drinks arrived just a few minutes later.

There is quite a large and varied menu selection with a choice of portion size which is a good Idea. I went for a jacket potato with prawns. I didn't have to wait long and it arrived garnished with a small salad. There was a generous portion of prawns and the salad was fresh but the "jacket" on my potato (my favourite part!) wasn't crispy, but was limp, as though it had been microwaved, and different parts were lukewarm and hot.
My ultimate favourite dessert is treacle tart so I chose this...it tasted nice, but the filling had a dry consistency and didn't have that unique treacle tart taste.

The decor is quite dated and could do with updating, although everywhere looked clean. The staff were all pleasant but I was a little disappointed with my food.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

called in after 2pm on sunday and were greeted by very friendly staff and both ordered the fish platter but were not expecting what was to come, a huge plate of freshly cooked cod, scampi, squid, chips and salad utterly delicious and hot, every dish coming out of the kitchen looked good will certainly go again

1  Thank teresa460
Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

Went here with a group of friends. We were all rather disappointed with the menu on offer. The choice appears to be quite large but unfortunately it is more a choice of different mains with a limited choice of the same vegetables which did not look that appetising. My husband's steak was very overlooked ( he asked for medium) and tough and dried out to the extent he couldn't eat it. The new potatoes served needed butter and a friend's gammon was smothered in parsley sauce. It would have been far nicer if the sauce had been served in a jug. It isn't obvious from the special board which vegetables are included which means you need to keep asking the waitress. The service was quite slow and not particularly friendly. This wasn't nearly as good as we remembered from a few years ago. It all seems a bit dated really. A great pity but I think the standard of food we expect from eating out in this price range has risen over the years with more choice and better value for money provided by more establishments. Sorry

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Friendly staff, even if overstretched. Pretty good service. Great menu. Lovely home cooked food. Modest interior to restaurant. Good value for money.

1  Thank Richard L
Reviewed 5 April 2017

Stopped here whilst on a walk following the Downs Link path. The day was lovely so sat in the garden and ordered a Panini. Food was really prompt and good quality.

1  Thank Simon B