“2nd visit...not as good as the 1st”
Review of China Brasserie

China Brasserie
Ranked #26 of 178 Restaurants in Horsham
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Cuisines: Chinese, Fusion
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: China Brasserie is a contemporary Chinese restaurant well known for superb menus featuring a selection of healthy, quality local produce used in every dish. Harnessing flavours from different regions of China, there is simply something for everyone, as well as offering all of your classic favourites. With fresh dishes and friendly service China Brasserie is an enjoyable experience.VISIT US TODAY!
Reviewed 13 March 2018

My family & I visited here on Mother’s Day, we’d seen on their website that on Sundays there is an ‘all-you-can-eat’ menu between 12pm to 2pm, we decided as it was a family meal that selecting off the a la Carte menu (the website stated would be available in the evening) would be more suitable so we went ahead and booked a table for 6:15pm.

My wife and I turned up a few minutes before the booked time & were asked if we’d like to take a seat in the entrance part of the restaurant as our table wasn’t ready (thought this was a bit strange as we’d booked a table for 8 people & they’d opened at 6pm for their evening trade - surely they wouldn’t have left it to the last minute to do this?) though we were asked if we’d like a drink whilst waiting which we declined.

The rest of our party were about 4mins late, once they arrived suddenly the table was ready!

We were seated in their upstairs area, the atmosphere was lacking if I’m honest. The young waitress serving us was very polite & courteous but we found as we sat down that there was a special ‘Mother’s Day’ all-you-can-eat menu...everyone apart from my wife & I chose from that, we opted for some food from the a la carte menu, after speaking to the waitress we were told “you all have to order either from the special ‘Mothers Day’ menu or the standard menu - you can’t do both...”. So we decided to all go for the ‘Mother’s Day’ one as the majority wins and the price(s) were pretty reasonable, £18.50 for the food per person and you could opt to have a bottle of wine as well for an additional £6.
Food (which was good) & drink came out, a few things were missed but they were resolved quickly. It came time to get the bill which we received fairly promptly only to notice that a £17.95 bottle wine of wine added, the waitress served us sorted this issue out speedily so we paid and left.

There are a few things that make me unsure as to whether to visit here again, firstly that my wife & I were made to wait till the rest of our family arrived to be seated as the table ‘wasn’t ready’, it felt to me that if all 8 of us had turned up early we would’ve been shown to our table straight away, especially as it was myself that made the booking - if they didn’t want to seat 2 people upstairs then take another 6 upstairs again, tell us - we would’ve had no problem with that. Secondly, the confusion over which menus you can/can’t order from...and lastly there should never have been any addition of a bottle of wine to the bill as it was one of only two options on their ‘set’ menu. It’s disappointing that my 1st visit was great (see my previous review) but after this visit it has left a sour taste unfortunately.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

We went to the Chinese Brasserie for Mother’s Day lunch for the first time and was not disappointed.
As you can imagine the restaurant was busy but the service was good.
The choice for the all you can eat menu is good and varied but one complaint is there is no choice of seafood on the Sunday all you can eat menu which is a disappointment(you can order off the normal menu but have to pay extra).
Even thou you can eat as many dishes as you like the portion sizes are on the small size.
What they should do is depending on the amount of people on the table the portion size should equate the same.
Will definitely go back.

1  Thank Knowsaboutfood
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

We visit this restaurant fairly often.
Previous reviewers seem surprised that the starters don’t all come at the same time: I think they are served as soon as cooked when really hot and fresh. If you have lots of starters - as we do - they come in relays.

Food is always delicious and service usually good and attentive

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Went for a friends birthday. Had to wait for the table even though it had been booked. But staff did apologise. We all went for the set menus. Food was nice.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Big group, birthday party, had to wait for table. Set meals OK if you vary them and share. Very popular close to cinema and theatre