“Convenient lunch stop”
Review of Rise Coffee House

Rise Coffee House
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Wilmslow
Price range: US$1 - US$11
Description: Located in the centre of Wilmslow, Cheshire, RISE is an independent coffee shop serving Amazing Coffee & Tea, Homemade Cakes & Homemade Sandwiches. Our customers say it's the "Best Coffee in Wilmslow".
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Been to Rise quite a few times for coffee and lunch with colleagues and friends. When I first went for lunch, I had a toastie which I wasn't particularly impressed with, but Rise has since revised their menu and they now have quite a good selection of hot, cooked food for lunch. I have tried the avocado and poached eggs on toast, salmon frittata, tuna melt and my favourite so far, the beef stew with dumplings which was hearty and peppery. The food is a good portion, reasonably priced, and cooked fairly quickly, which is what you need at lunchtime. Coffee is good too (both normal and decaf) and I have tried some of the sweets on the side which have been good. A good place to go for a quick bite or a chill.

1  Thank doofvfood

Reviewed 12 October 2017

I've tried Rise 3or 4 times now as I would much rather spend my money in an independent shop rather than a chain, but every time I've been the staff seem unfriendly and not in the least bit pleased you are there, even when it's nearly empty.
I can't comment on the coffee as I don't drink it and it's hard to get tea wrong.
Please also try to find another way to clean the coffee from the machine (I think that's what was going on) - it's difficult to hold a comfortable conversation with constant, loud, harsh banging coming from behind the counter.

James H, Owner at Rise Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Hello Trillian2012

Wow - really surprised you think we are not friendly - we have been nominated for a service with a smile award and we always try to be very friendly - although occasionally when we are busy we do not have the time be as friendly as we would like - sorry :-(

Unfortunately we have to knock the coffee out of the coffee arms to make each coffee - and because our coffee is so good we have to do it a lot :-) (starbucks use automated machines which takes away the skill of the barista - but is quieter - we go for skill every time)

I will endeavour to find another solution to the noise issue - but that along with the grinder are all part of the coffee shop buzz

We are glad that you go for independants BTW

James the Owner

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Sold out of many things first thing in the morning. Service polite but very slow.

Only redeeming factor coffee still good, but sadly going downhill rapidly

3  Thank IMcder1001
James H, Owner at Rise Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Hello Thanks for your review

We are sorry we sold out of your favorite item - but as we order in fresh every day and there are days when things arrive late from a supplier or occasionally do not turn up at all.

And there are days when we sell two teacakes and others when we sell ten and even my wife's crystal ball cannot predict this.

And when we are extra busy, things can take a little longer as we prepare all our food fresh - sorry.

We always try to do our very best - sorry we let you down :-(

And the good news is we are actually going uphill rapidly - with new menu items every couple of weeks and pop up restaurants every quarter - as well as the same great coffee every day.

James - The Owner

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Lovely coffee friendly atmosphere. Having had a terrible experience at petit delivery and astonishing response from the owner I had been wary of coffee shops. However so glad I tried this cafe it's so different to petit delivery. It's friendly welcoming and much cleaner. A real bonus is the coffee is decent.

James H, Owner at Rise Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Hello

- we try to be the best coffee shop in Cheshire (if not the world) serving the very best coffee in World.

See You Soon

James

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

I am a regular. I love this place. The coffee is perfect. The food is freshly made on site from local artisan suppliers. Marvellous. I'm never disappointed when I visit. A cheery welcome from the staff and attentive service keeps me returning time after time. Also doggy friendly. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.