“Poor, poor food again”

Cuisines: Italian, British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It has been 4 years since I last risked dining here. That time my vegan partner was served fish. This time, the much acclaimed pig cheeks were microwaved with a glutenous gravy. I did raise this with the waitress, but no response as they were busy.

The food is a little over priced for what it is, my friend had a fish risotto, about 3 table spoons no dressing, again poor and disapointing

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I really like Aqua and used to be a very frequent visitor. I'm always torn between the steak or the Tuna salad as both are delicious. The staff are well organised and friendly and the place has a lively feel on a weekend (It can get a bit noisy). Recently I've been going less often as my partner is vegetarian and while she likes their food, there's not a huge range she cares for.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Being a frequent visitor to this lovely little place.....food, staff and service are always excellent. We have always loved the lunch time deal, but lately it has become a bit same same and I have found choice is sparse. Main menu good but overpriced. Didn’t have our favourite choice of wine last visit. Disappointed.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A busy Resturant with a nice atmosphere. Staff are always good and if there is ever any problems they will happily rectify without fuss. We like it here.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were visiting my sister in Portishead and wanted to take her and her companion out for a nice dinner. We chose Aqua (Spinnaker) which is now Aqua Italia. We made the right choice.
We started the evening with cocktails and starters. These included the meatballs in red sauce, Fritto Misto, Calamari, and a Pesto flatbread. All were shared and enjoyed. A well priced but excellent bottle of Chianti Reserva added to the festivities.
For our main courses we selected the roast lamb (3 large slices of delicious lamb), the strozzapreti ham hock pasta (wonderful ham in cream sauce), Roast Cod (ample and tasty), and the Pork Cheeks which have been praised by other reviewers (for good reason). We shared tastes of our selections freely and agreed that we had all made wonderful choices.
The meal ended with pudding (deserts) from their extensive sweets menu. If you are ever in the Bristol/Portishead area make a stop at AQUA. You can thank me later.

AquaPortishead, Supervisor at Aqua Spinnaker, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Hi 77Zeke,

Thank you for your review on your recent visit to Aqua.

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed the experience so much - I will be sure to pass your compliments along to the kitchen team.

We hope to see you again soon.

Many Thanks