“High quality food”

Price range: US$7 - US$32
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bellini Restaurant is A LITTLE PIECE OF ITALY superbly located directly on the Basingstoke Canal in St John's Village, Woking, Surrey. Bellini Restaurant is surrounded by a blend of natural and urban scenery. Free parking is available next to the restaurant. Bellini Restaurant is fully licensed and offers a large variety of vintage wines, beers and spirits. Freshly ground Italian coffee and tantalising desserts are served all day. Bellini Restaurant is now UNDER THE NEW MANAGEMENT OF VALARIA & SALVO , "All our cuisine is prepared using only fresh ingredients that are of the finest quality" Bellini Restaurant is unique in Surrey with an original rustic Italian “eatery” style and authentic Trattoria cuisine prepared in traditional fashion by Italian chefs. "creating a unique dining experience" Bellini Restaurant seats up to 60 people. The restaurant offers a relaxing atmosphere combined with a unique dining experience. Whatever the occasion, birthday, business lunch, works party, family gathering or just a romantic dinner we can guarantee you a high quality service and exceptional tasting food. A upstairs private function room is also available for private dining, weddings and parties for up to 40 people. We also have an outdoor seating area for you to enjoy the summer. All our outdoor tables have parasols, to protect from direct sunlight.
Reviewed 4 October 2017

The service was very welcoming and the food was amazing.There was lots of desserts to choose from and I loved the atmosphere.

3  Thank rebstrang

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I've lived in Surrey for 12 years now and always fancied giving this place a try. I decided to pop in for a visit during the day in order to get a a look and feel for the place. I met one of the owners and said I was thinking about coming to visit with my wife to be who was coming down from a visit from Scotland in a few weeks. I explained that I had never eaten there before. At this point I was informed that the restaurant had recently changed hands.

So on Saturday September 30th my soon to be wife and myself took a leisurely walk along the Basingstoke canal to Bellinin’s in St Johns. Even though we did not book in advance, we were offered a table as long as we would be finished by 8pm. This gave us 1 hour and half which is more than enough time to enjoy a meal. We were then offered a table in what looks like a small conservatory area which overlooks the Basingstoke canal.

Having only seen the restaurant during the day it was interesting to see how it looked in the evening. The decor itself is well presented and we really liked what looks like small pizza oven doors attached to the wall which we felt was in-keeping with the Italian vibe. The lighting was just right not too dark and not too light. It would seem some tables are less illuminated than others due the positioning of the lighting fixtures on the wall.

The waiting staff were friendly and gave us just enough time to browse the menu. The waiting staff did not make any recommendations. The management did however make recommendations. You are given some olives and bread to nibble on whilst you browse the menu. The wine we ordered was a merlot and was nice.

Starters

1: FUNGHI AGLIO OLIO (v) (g)
Flat mushroom with garlic, chilli, parsley and white wine sauce
£ 8.95

Was tasty, just enough for me, no complaints.

2: ANTIPASTA ITALIANA (d)
Selection of Italian cured meats served with tomato and mozzarella cheese
£ 10.95

Really disappointed by the lack of quality meats. This was also extremely bland to taste. I did express I was not a fan of mozzarella but wanted to give it a try.

Mains

1: PENNE ARRABBIATA (v) (g)
With garlic, fresh chilli, parsley and tomato sauce
£ 7.95

Delicious, pasta cooked to perfection and sauce was just spicy enough without being overpowering.

2: COSTOLETTO D’AGNELLO (g)
Pan fried rack of lamb served with white wine and rosemary sauce
£ 18.95

Proper melt off the bone and fantastic mash potatoes. Some vegetables would have not gone a miss. Even though it was very nice it was over priced.

On requesting the bill we were somewhat surprised how much it was. The full bill came to £81.95. We were also very surprised to see a service charged included on the bill. We should have been asked if we wanted to include a service charge.

In all a fairly decent meal, but a very expensive one at that, and a pretty average experience in all. We will very unlikely return.

3  Thank Peter S
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Thank you to Salvo and his Beautiful Wife for making our wedding Anniversary such a special occasion!
As you can see from the photo the Sea food Plater was an excellent recommendation and went down a treat with the complementary Champagne
See you guys very soon!

1  Thank Neil R
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Second visit for lunch with grandkids, age 5 and 7 and their dad. Nice setting in St John's overlooking the canal with family friendly, Italian service. The kids wanted to look into the kitchen through the open hatch to see what was going on and were given raw pizza dough balls to watch rise as we waited for our meals. The staff were friendly and engaging with the children throughout. The decor is quite stylish with pure white linen tablecloths and napkins. Food was delicious with a mixture of pasta, chicken and pizza dishes chosen by our party. All was well cooked and presented. Good choice of desserts too. £110 for 5 mains, desserts and soft drinks with a 10% service charge which we were happy to pay. Overall a good experience and I will be sure to treat the family again to the Bellini hospitality.

2  Thank Thrombeldinbar
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

We went to bellini's for a birthday meal and was a little disappointed I wanted to give it a 4 star rating the staff were really friendly and nice but the food was average and didn't get a wow from it . Everyone looked up and down the table and was disappointed with what we had , saying that the calamari looked good !!
Don't get me wrong there was nothing up with the food and we all finished it , it just didn't blow us away. The parking can be a nightmare to as there isn't loads of spaces , so if you get there at a busy period you may have to find somewhere else to park .