“Excellent independent Italian”

Ranked #6 of 225 Restaurants in Woking
Price range: US$6 - US$39
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: In the heart of Woking, Latino restaurant offers Italian cuisine using authentic recipes and cooking methods. The innovative menu showcases Italian classics such as traditional pizzas with colourful toppings, or delicious pasta dishes with tantalising sauces. The carefully selected wine list is heavily influenced by regional Italian bottles, but also features an array of specialist global wines.
Reviewed 11 February 2018

Popped into this unassuming place for lunch and what a great choice we made!

Two personable waiters, both Italian, set the scene with attentive service. We chose from a varied menu, ranging from the standard pizzas, through a wide range of pasta and meat dishes to some interesting specials. The bruschetta starter was one of the best we have ever had, with beautiful natural sweetness in the tomatoes, perched on top of a still-crispy toast.We chose pasta for the mains - tagliatelle with mushrooms , spaghetti with mussels and clams and tortellini with spinach. Each was excellent in its own way. My spaghetti had a great flavour and came with a generous serving of seafood. We skipped dessert in favour of a good coffee, served with a limoncello. Such a great change from the chains. We will be back!

1  Thank broccolihead

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

We went here last week for my Grandma's birthday. We had a lovely meal and the staff were amazing, they really made my Grandma feel special. It is a little small and a little noise but not enough of a problem to spoil our lovely evening out.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

We had a meal on a busy Thursday evening. I hadn't been in the restaurant for a few years but the downstairs was more cramped then I remember. The table behind us too clsoe for my liking and we found it difficut to hear our own converstaionsat time. Given they have seating upstairs I'm not sure why they they have made it so packed downstairs.

As for the food - it was lovely. Our party had a range of meals from steak, chicken more to traditional pasta meals. Desserts were also lovely (panacotta, tiramsu). I can't fault the service.

I I were to eat there again in the evening I think I woudl ask to go upstairs which I assume is quieter and less cramped

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

My son chose this favourite Italian restaurant for his birthday meal with the family. The quality of the food and the presentation was excellent. We’ve been here many times and it never disappoints. Far far more superior to the very mediocre Ponte Vecchio in West Byfleet we visited before Christmas. The staff at Latino are friendly and treat their customers very well unlike the arrogant owner at Ponte Vecchio who treats his customers with disdain.
If you want high class home cooked Italian food then Latino is the perfect choice. Thank you.

1  Thank sprig511
Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

Visited Latino for the first time having lived in Woking for a number of years. I have always been put off visiting as the outside decor is not very invited and needs a revamp. However, the restaurant was packing (showing how popular the place is), the waiter was incredibly nice and efficient and I had one of the best pizzas I’ve ever eaten - so was very happy! Would definitely recommend to anyone wanting an Italian in Woking.

1  Thank 913meganb