Cap Lamandou Hotel
  • Restaurant
US$53
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewscap lamandouhour securitymini fridgepositive sideocean viewnice poolhot waterenjoyed our staybeautiful locationrooms are cleanappealmotorcycle
Reviewed 6 February 2018

We enjoyed our stay at Cap Lamandou. The view was stunning -- and at a reasonable price I can't imagine finding anywhere else in the world. The staff was friendly and eager to please. The food, like everywhere we ate in Port-au-Prince and Jacmel, took a long time to arrive, but it was delicious. This is especially true of the poisson gros -- which was enormous and took over an hour to come out. It tasted like it came straight from the ocean! Beware of booking through Tripadvisor, because we received a confirmation of our reservation, only to be told at the hotel that we did not have a reservation and that we should have replied to a confirmation email that we never received. Luckily, there was a room available, but we would have been in dire straits if there had not. Also, I reserved a massage, as advertised on the hotel website, but when the time came for the appointment, no masseuse materialized. The desk staff did not make any effort to contact the masseuse. So things might not always run smoothly, but the Cap Lamandou is charming just the same.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have spectacular by views.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2017

I Stayed at Cap Lamandou last month on a work trip, the hotel itself is worth every penny. The food although it was never on time but, was excellent, (don't expect food or snack after 9pm). Sleeping quality was not good the pool was clean and staff was good too.

We had some issue with the water on arrival it looks like the water pump was not on and they took care of that quick, power was on and off sometimes but with two BIG generators they are struggling. The access to the beach can be a nightmare but you have incredible ocean view and Sunset.

Do not leave the hotel at night if you don't have a car, if you are moving a lot in Jacmel make sure you have some snacks in your fridge.

Over all it was not bad and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Corner rooms on higher floor have more view to the sunset.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Garry M
Reviewed 23 August 2017

The hotel feels safe, and has great views of the ocean. The restaurant on site is nice. They have free wi-fi in the public areas. The swimming pool is a good bonus.

Only small complaint is I wish the air conditioner was a little stronger.

Room Tip: A lot of stairs to go up. For me it wasnt a problem, but it could be for a handicapped person.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2017

A nice respite from the noisy cluttered streets of Jacmel, Cap Lamandou offers great views from every room. The rooms are kept very clean and the AC keeps the rooms very cool. Food is adequate and reasonably priced, and the pool (when filled and heated) is great.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Cap Lamandou H, Responsable relations clients at Cap Lamandou Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Thank you so much for your review. We will continue to do our best to satisfy you. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

I came here on a work trip and I have to say that it was a great hotel to just come "home" to at the end a hot, humid, tiresome day. While my French is bare minimum and my knowledge of Haitian Creole is none, I tried my best to at least greet the employees in French every day and after staying 10 days at the hotel, I am happy to say that we got along great and I am happy to have such friendly, welcoming guest services.

In terms of the room, they constantly cleaned my rooms every afternoon. There was AC, a fridge, a microwave (WHAT? :O), and a working shower. There was also a pool, but it was in maintenance for most of my stay, but when it was finally filled, many of my coworker friends had much joy out in the pool area. I also appreciate the stair access down to the beach below.

Downside, is that sometimes the power cuts out occasionally, which I was already warned of prior to coming to Haiti, so it was a slight hindrance on getting work done if my laptop and phone were on low power. But the bigger hindrance was the lack of strong Wifi... if any. But we made do.

One big difference in terms of food service (and this applies to many restaurants in Jacmel, not just the hotel), is the time it takes to get your food upon ordering it. Don't expect your food to come in 15-20 minutes. At least an hour wait is expected to receive your food after ordering.... so patience is much needed. But the positive side is that we were able to use that time to really bond and talk with each other at the table while waiting.

A courtesy breakfast buffet is provided from 6am-9am approximately, but since we had such a big crew and we had an early call-time, they were kind enough to push breakfast as early as 5-6am, so we were able to get a bite before heading out into our day.

I also appreciate the security and gated appeal of the hotel, keeping the guests here happy and feeling safe.

Overall, when I come to Jacmel again in the future, I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Try getting a room with a key lock instead of a card key lock to avoid card key failure.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business