Club Seabourne
US$80
US$95
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewsdeluxe villabreakfast was includedfamily villaflamenco beachfulladoza baywine selectionplace to staywater taxiview of the baymain buildingpuerto ricolaid backgolf cartbeautiful islandquiet placeculebra islandbeach towels
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We went to dinner at the restaurant of CLUB SEABOURNE and we had wonderful night.
We ate "triangles of shrimp (shrimp and puff pastry) and (lobster crepes) as a snack."Then a few drinks afterwards. They brought us the list of wines and recommended us a great malbec with the paella.!!!
and a Dessert that was a Passionfruit mousse and a tasty lemon cake. Staff very attentive and friendly and above all with much knowledge of food and wine. It is the best in Culebra after test which we recommended. The hotel that we stayed was bad service and very expensive for the amount so the next time we're going to stay at club seabourne in culebraa !

Reviewed 2 August 2011

So.....I was very nervous after I booked this hotel and read the reviews again shortly before our trip. We spent one week here. Once we arrived, I would say a lot of what I read was true, both the good and the bad. First of all I will say that if you are looking for a resort, you will not find it in Culebra. That was part of the reason we went. We wanted a laid back place where our kids, ages 7 and 5 yr old twins could snorkel off of the beaches without paying high prices for a boat, when we weren't even sure that they would be game for going. Culebra was perfect for them. I also would say, from what I saw this is probablly the best hotel to stay in on the island.
The hotel is in a nice location. Close to Dewey and not too far from the beaches. The pool was great after a day at the beach or snorkeling for the kids to wind down after a long day. They enjoyed seeing chickens and lizards around. We stayed in the family suite which had a queen, 2 twins and a sleeper sofa. The beds were comfortable. They could use some new pillows but I thought for a family of 5, the price we paid was fair. The room was not the cleanest but really, we were just there just to sleep, were out most of the day and the amount of sand my kids tracked in each day, even if it was spotless, it wouldn't stay that way for long. The staff was attentive. Our air conditioner stopped working one evening. I mentioned it to the owner in the morning and it was fixed by the time we returned in the afternoon. There were ceiling fans in each room so we weren't uncomfortable even without it for a night.
The fact that breakfast was included was great. It's not at other hotels we looked at. One complaint about breakfast was that it didn't open until 8:30, my kids were used to eating at 7am at home, but again, really, do we need to be at the beach baking in the sun that early each day, probably not. So it worked for us.
The biggest let down for us was the restaurant. We ate there the first night but not again for dinner. The kids meals were $10 each for basically a box of Kraft mac and cheese EACH, huge portions, but I would have been happy with half the amount for 1/2 to 3/4 of the price. I ordered scallops which were way overcooked. My husband had issues with his fish but he wasn't expecting the WHOLE fish, so that was just a cultural issue, not Club Seabourne's. The next day at breakfast I ordered an omelette, again, way overcooked and the rest of the family had pancakes, some burned. From that day on we ordered the continental breakfast which was fine but we were served burnt toast 5 out of 6 days, which were more like croutons. lol I think if they stopped overcooking the food the restaurant might be quite good. Also if you are a tea drinker you are better off bringing your own. We ended up eating 3 nights at Baha Marina's restaurant which was fine and 3 night at El Eden, which we LOVED. Best Mahi Mahi I have ever had.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel to people, just don't expect a 5 star hotel where you are pampered and there are staff around to cater to you. As I stated earlier, I think it is the best you will get on the island, and I was happy with our decision of staying here.

4  Thank Momof3reds
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Overall I would recommend Club Seabourne to others staying in Culebra. The property was very beautiful and well kept, it was nice to have a pool there after a long day of snorkeling. The service was great when we first got there, enjoyed the a la carte breakfast very much and especially enjoyed the bushwackers at the bar in the afternoons made by friendly Joe. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the shower was nice. My husband had fun feeding the chickens that roamed the grounds. I enjoyed sitting on the balcony and seeing the view of the bay. I thought the location was good and I actually walked to the pretty, rocky, beach at Punta Soldado which was a nice snorkel spot and excellent place to watch the sunset. A bit of a hike but a short ride in the car. Unfortunately we did not eat dinner there, had waited until our last night and the restaurant was closed - poor planning on our part.

There were a few problems, but overall I would rate this stay as a positive experience. When we first arrived we noticed our shower had a loose piece of slate that could have fallen and shattered so we notified the front desk and they removed it but didn't fix it while we were there. Overall the service was excellent but when we were getting ready to check out there was no one at the front desk, they were gone to buy fruit for the breakfast...we made it to the airport on time though. We stayed through Tuesday and definitely noticed a decline in service after the weekend when it was busier. I would recommend putting on bug spray after dark for the mosquitos.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Our stay at Club Seabourne was comfortable. The rooms are nicely furnished and have great views. The restaurant has good food and the hotel has some great ammenities. However, the value is not there for the price. For over $200 a night, I would not expect to find dust balls under the bed, mildew in the blower power cords, toothpaste stains in the bathroom mirror or hair on the drain or countertops. Sliding door did not lock, chair was missing the rubber stopper and the nail was scratching the floor which looked new, TV remove was missing, no glasses for water on the room, safe did not work, etc...I thought the issues were unique to our room but found some of the cleanliness issues also on the other room we had.

The restaurant food was very tasty but service was lacking. It took 30 minutes for us to get our drinks and the food took over an hour. Breakfast, which is included in the price of the room, was fine but even here, the staff had issues. They could not agree if the plate of fruit was included in the pricing (no issue like this the day before).

We booked a trip to Culebrita through the hotel. Our ride arrive an hour late. Although this is not their fault, the hotel staff couldn't figure out who they had called. In the end, things worked out but in the end we learned of other boat captains that provided service to Culebrita (while waiting on the dock, they kept coming back and forth).

Bottom line, this is not a place worth $200+

Room Tip: The higher the number of the room, the farther away from the restaurant but the better the view.
2  Thank myn91
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I stayed last week " a family of 9" with my family ! Best boutique hotel I ever stayed in culebra !! My family and agree with the restaurant the food was excellent especially the paella !!! The hotel personal was the best very friendly, kind , gentle , carefull . well I can say that my expectations are extremely exceeded !!! I definitely will come again ! Because the atmospheree was perfect relAx and tranquility !! Dont even think about IT just Go to club seabourne and enjoy !!!! The best boutique hotel in culebra !!

• Stayed: July 2011