All reviews games room laser tag laser skirmish mezzanine floor short walk to the beach water dragons place to stay tennis courts main bedroom swimming pool bundaberg rum mon repos turtle local area self contained loft ladder facilities
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

What a treasure, absolutely hands down the best meals we have had in the region. Service meals drinks all of it is on point. Thank you to the lovely staff at KBR you are all amazing and the chef wow she has talent for days !!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2017

Once again I have had the privilege of staying at Kelly's Beach Resort, and once again I loved it. My family and I have been coming to Kelly's for around 15 years! No, we are not 'annual' visitors, though for a while there we were!
Kelly's is very different in that it is a 'Eco-Friendly' site. Now, I'm not any sought of 'greenie' by a long shot, but I absolutely ADORE the fact that looking out my widow, or walking out to the LARGE veranda's, instead of seeing concrete, I am looking a lush, green tree's, bush, bamboo's, etc.
The Villa's are 'all-in-one', meaning the are open plan. YES the main bedroom is separate and closed in, but the lounge, dining, kitchen are all open to each other, and the ceiling goes WAY up creating an amazing atmosphere! The kids sleep up in the loft which is accessed by ladder (more on that in a mo!), which is more like a mezzanine floor as it is open to the rest of the Villa. This just adds to the "all-together" atmosphere which - for a family get-away - YOU WANT.
Now, as to the loft and ladder: having been coming to Kelly's for over 15 years, I have had kids of ALL ages up there - from pre-schoolers through to adults. It may at first SEEM daunting for a kid to climb a 'ladder' (what if they fall? what if the come down in the night whilst I'm asleep and hurt themselves? Yep, had all those fears!), and whilst we have had a couple of moments when we thought those fears had come true, they never did. The kids just ADORE this ladder and loft! To them it's like the old fashioned tree-house! And you know what, I still climbed up every night to tuck them in!
The facilities and activities Kelly's has in place are great. Free Movie night, Laser Tag (really, once you reach the 40+ category, Laser Tag becomes a reach! But I did it... and I think I lost 10kg in sweat whilst doing it! Oh, and thought I was gonna die from lack of breath! But the kids all loved hunting 'the Old guy!"), the pool, the spa, BBQ's, etc., etc.
Listen, I could rave here about this place all day. It is NOT the 'Hilton', the Wi-Fi ISN'T the best, BUT if you are going to stay somewhere in Bargara, come to Kelly's at least once..., I bet you'll be back!

Room Tip: I found the Villa's near the Tennis Court, or across the creek the quietest.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Pastor Tim B
YourSay, Guest Relations Manager at Kellys Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Hey there Pastor Tim!

Wow! Thanks so much for such a thorough review on your time spent with us here at Kellys :) Its really guests like yourselves and feedback like this that makes us do what we do! We think Kellys is a pretty special place, and we are glad you and your fam love it too!

We look forward to seeing you all again!

Reviewed 31 July 2017

Stayed at Kelly's Beach Resort for 2 nights, only complaint was I wish I could of stayed longer, loved the peace and quiet & the rainforest feel. Villa's are very comfortable with everything you need for a 3.5 star resort. Lovely walking paths around the resort and to the beach, which was only 5 minutes away. Staff are very friendly and helpful & thank you to Damo (behind the bar) for the recommendation of the Calamari, best I have had in quite a while....Thank You Chef. Look forward to my next visit. Many Thanks Loni and Team.

Room Tip: All rooms are set in semi rainforest
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 July 2017

We booked a 2 room cabin but only found out when we got there that the second room is a loft accessible by later, not ideal for the elderly, young kids or myself who is pregnant. This could have been more transparent on the website when booking. Rooms are old but comfortable. Staff super helpful and friendly.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
YourSay, Guest Relations Manager at Kellys Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Hey Natalieohl12 :)

Thanks for taking the time to provide a review on your stay with us! We are super sorry if you felt mislead in any way - we do ensure we try to have the loft & ladder description explained on all our online listings where possible along with a picture of the loft bedroom as we do understand it is not suitable for everyone so we do apologise if it was not clear. We do have alternate options available for those that cannot access the loft. If you are able to contact me directly on lani@kellysbeachresort.com.au to let me know which website you booked through I can ensure this is followed up with our Marketing Team.
Again, thanks for your feedback!

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

We were visiting Australia for the first time and saw this tour online and booked it. To say it was FANTASTIC is an understatement!! From pickup to drop off everything was awesome. Our guide Harry was the best!! He was extremely knowledgeable about everything and was a fantastic host for the 3 days. Our first day we stopped at a small zoo that was so great - we got to pet koalas, go amongst the kangaroos and feed them, hold a huge boa constrictor and see a crocodile get fed! Lunch supplied by Harry was great! Our accommodation at Kelly's Beach Resort was very nice. Our day out to Musgrave Island was fabulous. Snorkelling was great!! The Island walk was also informative. Harry put in a delicious barbecue for us that night. Our last day included a tour of the Bundaberg Rum Factory complete with taste testing. Wonderful!! Harry did an extra ice cream stop for us which we all loved. Thanks Harry for making our trip extra special. I would recommend this tour to anyone wanting to experience a lot in a few short days!!❤️

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
YourSay, Guest Relations Manager at Kellys Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Hey Kelly B!

So super glad you guys had such a fantastic time! Australian Sunset Safaris are an amazing tour group (and Harry is definitely a wonderful guide!) and we are super proud to be a part of their awesome experience to showcase our beautiful Southern Great Barrier Reef Region to visitors like yourselves! I have passed on your praise to the crew at Sunset Safaris also, they also have a TripAdvisor page if you wished to thank them personally :) Enjoy the rest of your time in Aus!