“Great Mexican”

Riviera Mexican Grill
Ranked #4 of 9 Restaurants in Pembroke
Reviewed 26 July 2015

Everything I have had has been good. They bring out a white sauce in addition to the salsa at the beginning of the meal with the chips and it is delicious. It's a little sweet and it's not a cheese sauce. I would go just for that. The service is always great and the employees are so friendly.

Reviewed 15 June 2015

Came here on a recommendation during a business trip. I appreciated the fact that they had a vegetarian menu for those of us who can never find decent veg food outside of the big cities. The vegetarian taco salad was great. Service was excellent. It's a small town restaurant with a friendly staff. If you are passing by or close to VTech, it's worth stopping over. Just note, they do not serve margaritas.

Reviewed 26 May 2015

Honestly this is my favorite Mexican restaurant and when we get to make the trip to Pembroke we try to eat here. Food is really good, excellent service, very friendly staff and they try and accommodate requests.

Reviewed 19 November 2014 via mobile

Not really, but I keep reading reviews of how much better and "authentic Mexican" the restaurants are...I have to laugh. Tex-Mex is a far cry from "authentic Mexican". That being said, I LOVE Tex-Mex!! World's away from what passes as Mexican everywhere else. Too funny... "in states that don't border Mexico..."
Rivera Mexican Grill exceeded my expectations. The restaurant was as clean as any, cleaner than most. The food was amazingly simple and unpretentious...a delicate blend of flavors. If you like spicy for the sake of spicy without caring about actually tasting the beef (or chicken, etc.), you can always add more fire. For those of us who like to see and taste the individual ingredients, the Rivera Mexican Grill is the best...

I have probably eaten in Mexican restaurants in 30 states. I'd put this restaurant in my top 5, including the ones in Texas!

As an aside to the review of the food, the service was excellent, portions generous, and the prices were very reasonable.

1  Thank retgijane
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We broke our rule again about not eating Mexican food in a state that doesn't border Mexico. Once again, we were disappointed. The food wasn't awful it just didn't have the flavor and zing we are used to in Texas. They served chips with okay salsa and some unknown white sauce we never did figure out. We all ordered tea and it was served sweet. The staff was competent but not overly friendly. I don't think we will return