Free cancellation until 04/08
BestWestern.com
US$89
Econo Lodge(Petersburg)
US$46
All reviewswafflesthe indoor heated poolhard boiled eggshot tubup to datefree breakfastgreat place to staysoldierscerealpetersburgdrawersdeskmicrowaverateshousekeeping
Reviewed 7 April 2018

this hotel ended up saving our night after being in a different hotel that gave us 3 rooms and all 3 had problems. staff was nice. room was a 7 out of 10 because beds were a little hard but thats just my opinion. didnt had much breakfast variety as the first sleep inn that we stayed in.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Becky4588, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites at Fort Lee, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. Glad we could help save your stay while in town.

We do hope to see you again the next time you are in our area.

Thanks again
Becky K.
GM

Reviewed 4 December 2017

The first thing was I had gotten the King suite, so there was to be a pull out sofa - we were a family of four, so my husband and I were to take the bed and our tween and teen sons would take the pull out sofa. We arrived in the room and it was not a pull out "sofa" but more like an oversized chair that pulled out. There was a second regular sized chair, but it did not pull out. So I went to the desk manager and told him there was no way my kids were going to fit. I had to rent a cot for two nights. So after that, as we slept, we had another charge for ~$19 and yet another for $9.80 after the cot rental was processed. No idea what those were for when they hit our account overnight.

In the morning, I found out that all the pull out chairs and matching chairs had been replaced with full sized sofas except one sofa had broken springs so could not be used. Apparently, that was the room we were rented. I also found out that the extra charges are slight overages put on customer's accounts for "incidentals, like long distance phone calls". I was not aware such charges would be put on our account and perhaps I missed it in the fine print. However, overages on a cot rental? Really?

When we arrived back at the hotel in the afternoon after visiting family for the day, I talked to the manager on duty and told her what was said about the cot rental and pull sofa not being used. She actually walked into my room with me (at my request) to see the ridiculous size of the pull out. She immediately refunded the cot rental which was more than satisfactory. But then, another $9.80 charge.... Apparently this overage is made every time a chance to the account is made, even if it is a refund! That is bad business right there.

So here I am, a week later, and my money on those "overages" were STILL not released back into my account. We live paycheck to paycheck. I had to call my bank today to get the money released so we can buy groceries. Please reconsider the policy on the overages, especially considering the fact that nearly no one makes long distance calls anymore, and make sure if a room is rented to a family that four, that four people can actually use it without renting a cot.

Thank you.

Room Tip: Be sure your room can accommodate everyone in your party.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2017

I stayed at this Hotel bc the rates were better. Prior to this stay I have stayed at a major chain hotel not to far away. it was always expensive. I found the sleep inn leaving Hopewell the last time. So i looked it up and said i will give it a try. I was kinda reserved bc of the rate but, that was just a plus. The manager Robert pulled out all the stops. He gave us one of the biggest one bed rooms. This room was very spacious and comfy. Also there was a pool indoor and a hot tub. I have a four 4 old and she enjoyed it. She saw both days we stayed there. They also server breakfast. Not just cereal and fruit, the works,. Fruit cereal, yogurt, boiled eggs, hot eggs, bacon,sausage, waffles, juice milk. The chain hotel i was staying at only had cold food, bagel and, muffins. The staff was very friendly... except at checkout- The girl just said "checking out?' I said "yes" she said "have a good day and kept on about business. No thanks, or how was it? Not even a "have a nice day" Or "please come back". Madison one of the employees at the desk was nice and well the house keepers. Madison brought some cookies to my room from the front desk. Oh yea they make cookies several times a day. and they are GOOD and baked soft. This location is near everything. Chain restaurants, Wawa the South park mall Or south point something like that. Marshall's Gabes(new). Movies, Walmart Target. I would recommend this pace for overnight and for a long stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Stay here! Ill give you the honest review you want. I love it here, I've been here about a week visiting my husband staying here for work in Petersburg so i've had time to critique & write this review.its quiet since it sits alone away from the city,yet quickly accessible to everything including The Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens which is AMAZING btw.About 30 minutes away. Google it beacuse (Amazing) is really an understatement.
-The View
My view is on the backside, since p-lot is in front i have no obstruction from being greeted with grass, trees, a field full of wildflowers & wildlife along with the sunrise as the backside faces NE. Its a nice view in front too! Also has pretty field behing p-lot
-The FREE Breakfast
it's absolutely delicious,perfect bacon, MYO fluffy waffles, yoplait yogurt cups, cereal, buscuits-gravy, etc. even fresh hard boiled eggs already peeled.
-The Indoor Heated Pool with Hot
Tub
It's very clean! it has some stains/chips from age, wear, & tear from use ofcourse but its a good size with a shallow & deep end, Hot tub is small but realxing. The pool room is surrounded in dark tile with a strip of beautiful iridescent glass under window level,which you can open,they have screens. One spot on the ceiling is having a time with all the humidity but everything else including the big vent pipes etc are very clean! The water is so warm you can walk right in and the pH is on point ranging around 7, it doesn't have that over excessive heavy chlorinated smell & does not burn your eyes. Theres BATHROOM right there which is also nice/clean.No need to go running back to your room to potty. I took my radio from my room,plugged by the patio table,used it to play music from my phone & had myself a pool party.
-The Patio
Right outside the pool is a roomy cement patio bordered by latice where the large grill sits. The boys use it to cookout on occasionally with a picnic table to eat on.also a picnic table across the p-lot in the grass too. Its accessible right from the P-Lot, no lugging your food from the store through the hotel to get in one door & out another. Pop the hatch & do your thing at patio.
-SECURITY
Someone is there 24-7 whether they are at the desk or not, they take the night hours to do some cleaning like tvs, glass, etc. There are nice cameras outside on every door so i feel super secure or if anyone were to snatch my steak from the grill when im not looking there's footage to show who done it! LOL
-THE STAFF/HOUSEKEEPING
Super nice & friendly, like for real, not the fake friendly. You know what i mean. They are actually happy to be there/help. Professional appearance & smile yet real people with awesome personalities. I love my hair braided but i can't do it myself so i asked the girl at the front desk (it was late & no one to greet or check in/out) if she minded giving me a hand, she gladly volunteered. So i washed/dried my hair with the free good quality mini shampoo /conditioners & she fixed me up in a jiffy with an adorable braid. I was thrilled.
Houskeeping has stocked me up with plenty of towels and wash rags, happily checking every day to see if i need toiletries or anything. Im still determined to catch them making the bed because the way they make a bed is magic.
-AND FINALLY THE ROOM
It has little wear except some scuffs on the furniture but very good condition compared to other hotels ive stayed.
Ofcourse popping up to surprise my husband at the end of the week the room was trashed smh* but housekeeping hooked me up. The room is spacious with floor to ac unit classy curtains that can be opened to a nice large window or completely blacked out if you wanna sleep in & not know what time of day it is.
Nice textured walls, up to date paint in earthy warm tones,some modern accents along with a long outfit critique mirror and another mirror over the desk. This room has 2 Q beds that are very comfy, with fluffy feather filled pillows, soft sheets, & a nicely weighted blanket like thing, idk what you call it but it goes between the sheets & the warm chocolate colored blanket thet have on top. Theres also a strip of silky,pretty, stylish material that goes on foot of bed for decor.
Theres a nice clean Frigidaire minifridge, with a nice clean microwave on top. The large desk that my husband uses for work has a comfortable rolly chair, a good size sony tv & 3 large storage drawers. A comfy chair also by window.
-THE BATHROOM
I dont like that the air vent runs any time the light is on, its kind of annoying but necessary for continued bathroom quality, its roomy,has a nice gorgeous granite or something similar counter top, a well cared for tub/shower combo, theres a bit of a nick on the ceramic tub but its on the outside, and a curved shower rod for extra roominess
-MY ONLY COMPLAINT
The coin dryer takes forever to dry clothes! But they are having it fixed & i wish they served that AWESOME breakfast for dinner!
Great Place to Stay!!!!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

As soon as I came in the door I was greeted with a smile! I had family coming in and wanted to make sure everyone had room. Mr. Robert the general manager at the location made sure our stay was amazing from start to finish. I would recommend for anyone from corporate to military families. Thanks Mr. Robert!!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family