The Crossroads Inn
US$116
US$54
US$89
ComfortInn
All reviewsmarine corpsyogurtthese ladiesmilitary basepull out couchroom was cleanthe crossroadssuitecommandtvdcratesassortedaccommodationscleanliness
Reviewed 28 September 2014

When were were planning our Platoon reunion it was decided that we would stay at The Crossroads Inn. Those twenty-seven who attending booked either single rooms or a suite. Nobody had a bad word to say about any of our rooms. The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly, wi-fi is great, breakfasts are very good, and the rates are great. What more could you ask for?

Room Tip: Any room would be great, but a room towards the front will provide you with morning Colors at 8:00 AM
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Norbert K
Reviewed 10 July 2014

In reading OTHERS reviews, I guess the suites are nicer than the regular rooms. I'm in a regular room with two double beds on the first floor. It's old and musty. I wanted to open a window to get fresh air but I guess the windows don't open when you're on the first floor.
You know the grime that collects around the edge of the sink...well they have it. Yuck! I absolutely hate that. And the nastiness that gets in the cracks between tiles...They have that on the soap dish in the shower. Bleach gets rid of both so I guess they don't use bleach when they clean. Good thing I travel w/ bleach. But I feel if I HAVE to use it then there's a problem.
I'm pretty sure this place has not been renovated in decades. There's a VCR in the room. I had to unplug the refrigerator in the room because the motor was so loud and distracting.
I had a bagel and apple in the morning during "Continental Breakfast". They were fresh. I guess overall it's a good deal. Especially if you have to stay on base. They should update the premises for our US service people!

Room Tip: I would choose a suite. The regular rooms aren't great.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Spen72
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We always stay on at the Marine Base when visiting Washington, DC. The accommodations are so clean, staff; very friendly. Breakfast is above average. We always reserve a suite; bedroom and living room as well as small eat in kitchen area. The price is low for the area and definitely worth the price. Recommend it whole heartedly!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Debbie B
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband, daughter, and I stayed here while attending our son's graduation from The Basic School. We reserved a suite (2 rooms, king bed, pull out couch, efficiency kitchen) and were very happy. The staff was quite pleasant, rates are very reasonable, rooms are large, clean, and comfortable, wi-fi is uncomplicated, and access to the graduation venue and MCX is excellent. It was so nice to eliminate the hassle of going on/off base, although that wasn't a huge problem. The coffee is good - we didn't have anything else off the breakfast bar. We had to reserve a second room at the last minute, as TBS grads have to be out of their barracks the day of graduation. The staff accommodated us without a problem. I don't know if we'll have the need to come back in the future, but I would stay here again in a heartbeat :)

Room Tip: Reserve a king suite - the bed is very comfortable, there is a large refrigerator and dishwasher, and a comfy couch for stretching out and watching TV.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Decided to stay here while visiting my brother and was very impressed. The price was really good and everything was updated and very clean. Bed and pillows were comfy. We stayed off base the night before, but this was a better value for sure. Will likely stay here each time I go back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family