All reviews marine corps waffles military base room was clean the crossroads suite command pillows dc accommodations cereal cleanliness
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

This was a business trip and used this hotel for 2 weeks. They had breakfast up and going prior to 6 am. They had grab and go items and do it your self such as waffles.

My room was clean and the pillows were comfortable and not made of down.

Bathroom was a bit of a challenge. The tiles were not set correctly and would not allow the door to open all the way.

Then there came the rain. I had anticipated the weather being wet and brought all the proper attire. However, the third floor room was ill prepared for this weather.

I came back to find towels and a bucket under where the ceiling was leaking. Thjs suprised me, fortunately there was nothing under that part of the ceiling. It was under the vent, so please be cautious when placing luggage and items on the floor. When I went to the counter to inquire about it, they stated that I was not the only room. One on the second floor had the same issue. They were happy to move me, but since I was already settled after a week I opted to stay.

Again, I am a simple person with very basic requests. Throughout the 2 weeks I had my do not disturb sign out except for every third or fourth day for cleaning service. They never once emptied the "rain bucket" or replaced the water soaked tosels around it. At 92$ a day I would have at least expected that much.

On check out I was expecting some sort of discount for the days of the leaking. Unfortunately I did not have time to barter a deal. I would stay again. Easy access to D.C. and a good central location for attractions.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Eric O
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Very nice hotel on base! The room was nice and clean, beds comfortable, sink area is kinda small though. Free Breakfast, very friendly staff! Staff and Officers club right next door. Base pool next door as well.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank tmcguireusmc
Reviewed 20 April 2018

No pets policy. Sooo not really interested in actually helping service members. Those of us in need of lodging while travelling with items we are not able to ship are better served by well-known and readily available off-base chains. I'm sure you do well with guys who show up alone with a sea-bag. (this is the part where they cry about how it's the base's fault... blahblahblah...) Fix this problem.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank James L
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Let me begin my latest review to recognize two of the Crossroad Inn's hard working employees, Alfa and Monette, who never stop replenishing and maintaining the inn's delicious breakfast bar so it hot, fresh and "available" for your partaking. These two ladies are truly an amazing team who are constantly accessing and replenishing the inn's hot breakfast bar of scramble eggs, sausage (links and patties), waffles, assorted yogurts and fruits, muffins and bagels. These ladies are "in motion" and never stop to go above and beyond to seek and ascertain your acknowledgement of a "job well done". Thank you ladies.... OORAH!

Room Tip: I have a disability and require a handicap room. We always reserve room #222 has an easy straight walk in shower.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2018

If you are a military brat, or just military, you'll be fine here. It's a no frills hotel on base. The staff is very friendly! That helped to make up for areas in which it was lacking. Our bathtub was super stopped up, held water for over an hour after a shower - notified staff and was promptly fixed. We also had an outlet not working, so they provided a power strip. The free breakfast was pretty good considering. We stayed in a suite, so we had a small living room & kitchenette. There is not much around locally, especially for dining.

If you are staying here with intentions to visit DC, i will say it's a bit of a trek. You can drive to the closest Park & Ride - Franconia-Springfield; then depending where in DC you're going it's about a 40 min ride on the metro (that is to Arlington Cemetery). I kind of wish we had stayed closer in, but i'm sure the hotels would have been double or triple what we paid. So depends on what's more important to you, your time or your budget.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family