All reviews civic center new mattresses room was clean two story motel budget hotel his customers bagels bathroom fixtures juice and coffee continental breakfast close to downtown choice hotels great place to stay place to sleep an overnight stay would definitely stay here again no elevator
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The front desk provided great customer service. The rooms were very clean and maintained, the bed was super comfortable and the price was very good. Usually rare these days, this room had a microwave and nice small fridge included in the charge. The location is a very good area, next to roads but amazingly quiet. This was a reasonably priced hotel and worth the stay. We will return again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Thank Andrew and Lind... C
Bhavik P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Civic Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Andrew and Linda,

Thank you for sharing your sweet review with us. It is our commitment and dedication to exceed your expectations each and every time. Your kind words about our staff will always be treasured and I will most certainly share your comments with my team who will be motivated by your words to provide all our future guests with exceptional service. Thank you for giving us a perfect rating. It is guest like you who makes all of our hard work worthwhile!

We hope to have the pleasure to serve you again at Econo Lodge Civic Center.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

you do not go to an econo lodge and expect the ritz. you go because you want a clean serviceable room and a decent price. if you are expecting any more go elsewhere. this location is exactly that.

two beds, clean sheets, a table, a desk, a tv with adequate number of channels, a fridge, a microwave (i think, we didn't use it if there was one), a coffee maker, wifi (a bit weak) and a bathroom.

this is the kind of place, perfect for tourists, who are out and about, and are not using a hotel/motel as a place to spend long hours.

there is a serviceable cold breakfast available. i did not partake, my travelling buddy did.

this location is centrally located, the big entertainment complex is across the street, and the restaurant rows are about 10 minute drives in either direction.

one word of note, the place is close to a main road, and a highway. as well there is a tow truck yard behind the place, so occasionally you will hear their gate alarm going off as one of there drivers arrives or departs. so the word to the wise is, if you expect absolute silence, you might want some place else.

other than that, no complaints.

Room tip: rooms close to the road, road noise, rooms at the back, beeping of the tow truck gate. take your pick.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

We hope to have the pleasure to serve you again at Econo Lodge Civic Center.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I wanted an inexpensive but clean hotel room for one night on a trip to Asheville and this place fit the bill. It was clean, had a nice tv with many channels, was easy to get to off the highway, the free wifi worked perfectly. The bed was very comfortable and the bedding was nice. (I hate those bedspreads that slip off the end of the bed during the night and this one did not do that!) I also appreciated the laminate flooring instead of yucky hotel room carpeting. The shower was nice. The only down sides were the bathroom fan was very loud and turned on automatically with the light - so loud it woke me up when my husband used the bathroom in the middle of the night. Also the bathroom light was dim so we kind of showered in the semidarkness. The road noise was pretty significant as our room (117) was toward the front of the building but we use a sound machine so it didn't keep us awake. If that would bother you, ask for a room in the back. The continental breakfast in the morning was decent and sufficient to get us on the road - cereal, bagels with cream cheese, danishes, mini muffins, mini cinnamon rolls, coffee and juice. We met the owner at breakfast and he was super nice and friendly. When we mentioned the loud bathroom fan he acknowledged our complaint and said he plans to replace them in the next year or so. You really can't beat this place for the price!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Bhavik P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Civic Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a great review! It is truly gratifying. I will be sure to share this with the entire team as encouragement. It is so rewarding that you have felt the warmth of our hospitality and it is our devotion to indulge you with our first-class service. As you have experienced, we strive to provide each guest with a clean, comfortable room and exceptional customer service. We promise to make you feel at home every time during your stay.

It is guest like you who makes all of our hard work worthwhile! We hope to have the pleasure to host you again at Econo Lodge Civic Center.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We had a comfortable overnight stay with very comfortable bed and clean too. Found staff friendly and helpful. Convenient location. Decent coffee and pastries in morning.
Good basic accommodation and reasonable rate.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am very thankful that you have shared your review with us and pleased that our hotel was up to your satisfaction. It is so rewarding that you have felt the warmth of our hospitality and it is our devotion to indulge you with our first class service. As you mentioned, Econo Lodge Civic Center is located on US-460, only one mile from Roanoke Downtown and only one exit away from Valley View Mall on I-581.

Your kind compliments about our staff and amenities will forever be cherished and to know that we will be your hotel of choice is greatly inspiring for all of us. We promise to make you feel at home each and every time of your stay.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.

Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

I didnt like anything about this hotel. The people who run the hotel are very racists and the dont allow guest of no type. My car was being worked on next door to them so I had my uncle pick me up for work and they had a problem with him pulling in to pick me up and made me leave the hotel due to me allowing my uncle to come inside my room to use the restroom. Check in is at 2pm and they didnt let me check in till 4pm due to the rooms wasnt cleaned yet. At check out they dont knock on your door to tell you its check out time or ask if you need anything they just walk in, like what if i was nude or something very disrespectful overall. They very racists.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Erika,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for our hotel. We apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. We apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. We take into consideration all the comments and feedback as they help us improve our service. We have been operating the hotel since April 2013. Since then, we have replaced 10,000 sq/feet of flat roof, 100% of the sink and bathtub drains and faucets. We have also installed curved shower bar in every bathroom. We have also replaced 100% of the bed base and mattresses. We have also upgraded our Internet infrastructure to ensure a guest would have at least 80% signal anywhere in the hotel including the parking lot. We have also renovated every room with new lights, 40" LED TV with HD channels, new bathroom door and frame and new higher toilets. We have also replaced 100% of the furniture in every room. We have also finished a big masonry project to update the exterior of the hotel. We are painting the exterior of the hotel now and finished replacing carpet with hard floor in 100% of the rooms and we have also finished paving the parking lot 2 weeks ago. We are proud of the improvements we have made to the hotel in a such short time; however, we are not finished yet. I am confident that we will be able to keep improving the overall condition of the rooms to meet expectations from our guest.

Again, our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience and thank you for your valuable feedback.