“Absolutely Horrific”

Quality Inn Richmond Airport
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Reviewed 15 June 2017

I was staying with a youth group who had rented out the entire property. Upon arrival I noticed that the pictures online do NOT represent the property in its current state. The lobby was ugly, but if the hotel is clean I'm fine with it. NOT! They have no elevator and of course I had a second floor room. After dragging my stuff up the dingy stairs and opening the sticky door handle I arrived... to hell. The ceilings were caving in and had HUGE water stains on them. I would have taken pictures but this Indian guy (I'm assuming he worked here) was barefoot running thru the hotel. EW! The smell in the hallways was horrible and the guy at the front desk thought a orange scented fragrance spray would cover it up. Well it didn't. As I finally reach my room after traveling thru a safari to reach it... the key doesn't work. Back thru the dingy staircase to get a new room key the staff was ever so helpful (NOT). I finally enter my room. The images online must have been taken years ago. The bathtub had hair and their was hair in the sheets. The tile was sticky and the place was overall filthy. Of course there was food in the microwave. I didn't dare to experience the morning breakfast, I just got the hell out of there. Had I not stayed with a travel group the Courtyard by Marriott next-door would have a room with my name on the reservation. The only slightly good comments I have are the slightly decent proximity to the airport (I didn't even fly but felt it necessary to have a good comment) and Brenda was nice.

Room Tip: Don't even stay here, there are PLENTY of other options within a mile of here
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

We were driving home from Florida to Maine and tried for 3 hrs to find a hotel, found this one,should've kept driving! Dirtiest hotel ever.. smoking rooms, stained and ripped furniture, hallway rugs ripped stained, room barely cleaned it was a fright
Breakfast staff and room was the only decent thing about this place

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank travelmeshelle3
Reviewed 14 March 2017

First room, the tub still had soap complete with pubic hairs laying in the bottom of the tub, Generally filthy.

Second room down the hall, Reeked of smoke despite being a "non-smoking" room. Staff said it wasn't smoke. LOL

Wife got cleaning supplies from the front desk and we cleaned a room ourselves, then slept in our clothes and stocking feet, paying full price.

Generally there were carpet stains and bleach spots in the rooms, and through out the hall way and Lobby

There was about a 1 inch or more gap under the door. Every sound went out one room and into the next, including poorly functioning ice machine.

We did not sleep well. Not a Qualiry, Never again.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2017

A nice experience once you located it among many other hotels near the Richmond Airport. Front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. Check-in was prompt and smooth. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast buffet was more than ample with eggs, corned beef hash, waffles, cereals and pastries. A good choice in the area. Attendant at the breakfast area was very nice in helping guests obtain their choices and assisting them. A real asset to the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank LFA
Reviewed 21 February 2017

I have stayed here four times in the last few years because of it's location to the airport because of my flights leaving early in the morning. The last two times I stayed I saw a few strange people hanging around the outside of the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
0.1 km away
0.2 km away
Courtyard Richmond Airport
1.4 km away
Holiday Inn Express Richmond Airport

Been to Quality Inn Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Quality Inn Richmond Airport

Address: 5240 Airport Square Ln, Sandston, VA 23150-1230 (Formerly Comfort Inn Richmond Airport)
Region: United States > Virginia > Sandston
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Price Range: $88 - $107 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Quality Inn Richmond Airport 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Quality Inn Richmond Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Comfort Inn Sandston