“Do NOT stay here ”

Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Reviewed 5 December 2015 via mobile

I would love to give this hotel 5 stars, I really would. The interior is updated and modern, not just the lobby but the rooms as well. So what's the problem? Oh just that my first night of a 5 night stay a small feeding frenzy went on under my sheets! I was bitten over 19 times and completely disgusted. The next day I went to the front desk to both alert them and get a new room. "Bob" did not immediately apologize or even act surprised this had happened. (If I were working there I would have been utterly embarrassed.) Wondering why he wasn't more apologetic, I just told him how many bites I had -- didn't say a word. So I asked "does this happen often here?" And he says "it happens a lot everywhere". Umm no, it does not.

I spent the rest of my time here sleeping on top of the comforter at the end of the bed. It was very unpleasant. This is my SECOND run in with bed bugs at a Hampton Inn. I am completely done with Hilton and their clearly subpar standards in both cleanliness and customer service. I have encouraged my company to book only Marriott rooms from now on.

(I posted some pictures of the bed bugs I found in my PILLOWS. Gross. I was in room 218.)

Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
4  Thank runhappy44

Reviewed 5 December 2015

Richmond is not lacking for places to stay. Selection is probably based on how you are getting into the city or through the city. This place is excellently located for those using the airport, or I295 for travel from the south to north (or reverse).

The hotel is clean, staff efficient, good room size and excellent bedding. The location is close to many of the better rated restaraunts in trip advisor, however, not within walking distance.

There are a few negatives. First, our room did not have opaque curtains. You simply could not darken the room with the window curtains installed. Second, the breakfast seemed a little stale. The fruit looked old, muffins on the stale side, lack of 1/2 and 1/2 for coffee, orange juice watered, and eggs and ham somewhat lukewarm.

I would stay there.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2015 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here over the weekend for the Richmond Marathon. Everyone that we encountered was very friendly and willing to answer any questions.

The hotel was very clean and felt brand new. We had a room with a king size bed and loved how spacious the room and bathroom were.

The complimentary breakfast was nice. The indoor pool was a little on the cold side but the fitness center was up to date.

Highly recommend this Hampton Inn.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 November 2015

The location is great, shares a road with the Richmond Airport for ease of access when needing to catch an early flight! I booked my room online on the official Hilton site about 30 minutes before needing to arrive-- I didn't notice that when I booked the room I had picked a smoking room until Megan at the front desk called me less than 10 minutes after booking asking me if I was certain that I wanted a smoking room-- which I didn't-- so she booked me into an appropriate room right away! Upon arrival, Megan, was a pleasant as so was on the phone, showing and providing all the same customer service oriented pleasantries and assistance as she already had! I'm a gold member so she was quick to ask me if I would like water or other assorted beverages/goodies! Megan was a great pleasure to deal with, and even if the room had turned out to be JUST OK, she would've made it all worth the 5 star rating I've given it. The room is as good as the brand dictates; the bed is comfortable, spacey and pleasant. This hotel also has a free morning breakfast, something thats started to go away at the major brands, so I was pleased to hear it still existed as this particular property! I only docked this property on location because it doesn't offer any good views, mostly of other hotels and their parking lots-- this isn't necessarily the fault of this hotel or the brand, just not much to see around the airport! Hotel WiFi/LAN is free if you're at least a HHonor members (which is free to join, so why wouldn't you). Overall, great experience- would stay again!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2015

Have always been satisfied with Hampton Inn stays but this particular one was the best. Would definitely recommend it to anyone staying in the Richmond area, especially if they are using the airport. Rooms were larger than expected and very comfortable. They even let us use the breakfast bar area to meet with family and friends after the wedding reception.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
0.1 km away
1.4 km away
Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel
2.2 km away
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport

Been to Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport? Share your experiences!