“Classic dive foodthsts amazing ”
Review of Shake Shop

Shake Shop
Ranked #7 of 27 Restaurants in Sandston
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

I ate here and loved it! The burgers are so good and the chocolate shake was amazing!! Strongly recommend it

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Was meeting up with a friend last weekend (she’s in Hampton Roads, I’m near DC, so Richmond area is a good halfway point). I picked this place due to the reviews, and we both like this type of food!

I got a cheeseburger with chicken nuggets on the side; I think my friend got a hot dog with fries. While I’d say the food was average, the staff were pleasant, the food came to our table quickly, and it allowed for good conversation.

If I’m ever in the area again (though have no idea when), I’ll consider this place for sure!

FYI: the actual name is Sandston Bistro and Shakes, not Shake Shop, when you google the place.

Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

This place is a throw-back to an earlier time in the best possible way: menu of home cooked foods, ice cream of many flavors done in a variety of ways and smiling friendly staff. Bathroom was spotless. We liked that the place was clean, filled with what looked like regulars and not glitzed up. We only had ice cream as it was mid-afternoon but we'll be back. Only about a mile off 295 and close to the airport.

Reviewed 22 November 2017

What a fun place to have lunch or dinner! Many of the locals go here for subs, sandwiches, burgers (including veggie burger!), salads, and pastas. Family owned and operated. Meals are cooked to order, but definitely worth the wait! I got the veggie sub with fries. The mushrooms, onions, & peppers were cooked crisp on the grill and it added so much flavor. It was then topped with lettuce & tomato. Refills on drinks. Pleasant servers. Seating is booths. Outside décor and unisex restroom needs an overhaul, but the rest is top notch...reminds me of the ole timey soda shops.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Don't let the outside appearance scare you off. Sandston Bistro & Shakes has really good food with friendly, quick service and a large menu variety, as well as many ice cream flavors. My husband and I have eaten there many times for lunch or to stop in for ice cream and have also brought other family members in.

I would give it 5 stars, but the inside & out has a rundown appearance & the bathrooms are not great.

Been to Shake Shop? Share your experiences!