“Plan to go back”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 December 2016

We travel to Smithfield for 2 days once each year. We found Tokyo & Thai by accident. We were driving trying to find a place to eat. We took a gamble and went in. We ate there in 2015 on Friday and Saturday night. We did the same in 2016. We wish their restaurant was near our home as we would be dining there probably 2 or 3 times a month. The food is outstanding. The restaurant reminds me of sophisticated restaurants in Washington, DC that my parents took me to when I was younger. We probably talk about Tokyo & Thai every few weeks. We just hope that they are still in business on our next trip in 2017.

Reviewed 4 October 2016

They serve sushi, regular Chinese dishes along with hibachi dishes also. Their soups and other fare are delicious and filling without breaking the bank.

Reviewed 2 October 2016

During my 2 week stay in Smithfield, I ate at Tokyo and Thai twice and was very pleased both times. My favorite item on the menu was the tuna tacos - mini tacos with finely chopped raw ahi tuna. The sauce was excellent. The service was very good.

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

The food is just not good. The sushi is awful and each entree our table had was greasy and cold and disgusting quality chicken. The service was poor and the food is bad. One other table in there while we were there and I can see why it's so dead. It's incredibly expensive for that level quality of food. It used to be good but it's totally gone down hill. Won't be returning. I'll drive the extra miles to Carrollton to eat at Sakana for amazing food, warm friendly staff and a vibrant atmosphere.

Reviewed 22 June 2016

Very tasty and good variety of Asian food. The YUM YUM sauce is delicious. Often we take family for celebrations.

Been to Tokyo & Thai? Share your experiences!