“Lunch break ”

Chili's Grill & Bar
Ranked #51 of 144 Restaurants in Staunton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Sat at bar. I had chicken quesadillas, bud had beef tacos.
Good special draft beers, 96 outside ice cold break your teeth beer inside, magnificent.
Recommend for food and drink.
Prices good too.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Normally love Chili's; however, this one not so much. The service was terrible waited 1 hour for a bowl of chili, that was cold, while the others at our table had already finished dinner. Meanwhile, the table beside us, arrived after us, had ordered, eaten, and paid before the meal before ours arrived.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

We normally like this place, But I don't know what happened on our recent visit, Everything was bad. We had to wait about ten minutes for a table which was not bad, however they did not look that busy. Once we were seated we were greeted fairly quickly and the waitress took our drink order. That's when the trouble started. It took a long time to get our drinks. when they arrived, we placed our order and then really waited a long time for our food. When our food arrived nothing was extremely good and our steaks were not cooked right. We ordered one steak Medium, and one steak Medium Well. Both were burnt. We were told a manager would come speak to us and they never did and nothing was done to make this right. It will be a while before I go back and when I do, I hope it will be greatly improved.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

We were excited to see a Chili's restaurant as we were passing through Staunton, as there are none near our home and we have always enjoyed eating there in the past. After the hostess asked our table preference we were quickly seated. Unfortunately, the table and booth were sticky, as if they had been wiped with a dirty rag. I was wearing shorts and as soon as I sat down I felt crumbs on my legs, so clearly the seats had not been cleaned (or the table was wiped off onto the seat). A quick trip to the restroom while waiting for our meal to come was enough to turn my stomach, as it clearly had not been cleaned (or visited) by staff in quite some time. Had we not ordered our food already I would have suggested we pay for our drinks and leave, and in hindsight this would have been a great thing to do.

Our server was excellent. He was friendly, very prompt in taking our drink orders, brought refills as needed (without us having to ask) throughout the meal, and answered all questions we had accurately.

The food was brought quickly, but that's where the good part ended. My son ordered chicken tenders with fries and corn on the cob. The fries were fine, but the chicken was battered and then cooked in what seemed to be old fryer grease, as the color was off and the taste is best described as stale. When the breading was removed, however, it was a nice piece of chicken beneath. He was excited to bite into his corn on the cob, which looked quite tasty -- clearly looks can be deceiving, as it had obviously been sitting around for more than a few hours and was mushy, soggy, and completely inedible.

My husband ordered a chicken burrito, which was actually not bad except it should have been described as a rice burrito with chicken rather than a chicken burrito. It was exciting to see this beautiful fat burrito arrive on the plate, with melted cheese and a smoky sauce drizzled on top. After cutting into it he quickly realized it was bursting with rice, with just a few random pieces of chicken thrown in to justify the name.

I had the "choose two" fajitas, which is actually a misnomer, because for the price you could only have chicken and pork carnitas. If you want shrimp, steak, or prime rib, you have to pay an extra fee. The server explained that since I wanted shrimp and prime rib I was better off to select the "choose three" option and just get the two things I wanted. The price ended up being $17.99, which is fine for dinner but a little on the pricey side for lunch, but the fajitas looked wonderful on the menu so I went for it. Big mistake. When the food was delivered the shrimp were small, not butterflied, and not hot, while the "prime rib" was dry, fatty, and overcooked (it was closer to beef jerky than prime rib). When you think of fajitas you anticipate a sizzling plate, but I was presented with a plate of lukewarm onions and green peppers with the above-mentioned shrimp and meat sitting on top. Adding to the poor experience, the sides consisted of about 3 tablespoons of shredded cheese, most of which was resting in the spilled salsa and was slimy and wet. Luckily there was plenty of sour cream, because the pico de gallo was made with unripe tomatoes and had no flavor.

Overall, we had a poorly prepared, overpriced meal that was served in a dirty restaurant by a great server. We definitely don't plan to visit this, or any other Chili's again anytime soon.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

We were sitting in the lovely backside outside area and we're taken very good care of. The food was outstanding (steak).

Been to Chili's Grill & Bar? Share your experiences!