I stayed here for a weekend.
- Good location with amenities close by (but not if you were using the airport, which is quite a distance away).
- "Euro" mini-suite design with a semi-divided seating area with huge corner sofa.
- Free parking, unlike hotels closer to DC.
- Comfortable bed. Mini Fridge.
Lows showed a lack of customer service caring:
- Free continental breakfast to 11:00 AM allegedly, but I got there Sunday at 10:30, and they'd already cleared everything away. Not nice.
- TV channels were set up wrong. "PBS" was actually the digital feed of PBS Kids. "Discovery Channel" was actually an automotive channel owned by Discovery Networks. Whoever set it up obviously didn't care, and neither did management, obviously. Very sparing selection of channels otherwise (not even the History Channel).
- Due to recent freezing rain, the parking lot was quite icy. They salted the walkway, but didn't bother with the driveway right in front?
- Internet was somewhat slow with weak wireless connections (though not terrible), and there is no wired option in the room.
- Impossible to keep an eye on the TV while working at the desk, as it is around the corner from the sleeping area; but since there's no wired connection, there was no reason to use it anyway.
Better choice in my opinion: Doubletree.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the innovative hospitality of Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, the recipient of the 2014 and 2015 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for customer service. Additionally, Hyatt Place was just ranked top upscale hotels for customer service by J.D. Power. Our Sterling, VA hotel offers inviting spaces to relax and work, with free Wi-Fi, a.m. Kitchen Skillet™ breakfast and shuttle service to Dulles Airport and local destinations within 5 miles radius. Enjoy shopping and dining at Dulles Town Center Mall, Leesburg Corner Premium Outlets and One Loudoun, all minutes away. Our casually chic hotel also offers a prime Dulles Airport location for business and leisure travelers. We offer intimate meeting and event spaces near major companies, including Lockheed Martin, NTSB, Northrop Grumman, DHL, Raytheon, Neustar, AOL, Verizon, and VISA. Students visiting the DC area will appreciate being close to Northern Virginia Community College, The Art Institute of Washington Northern Virginia, George Washington University and Strayer University. Relax after a long flight or drive in one of the 134 spacious guest rooms at our Hyatt Place hotel near Dulles Airport offering plush Hyatt Grand Bedding, Free Wi-Fi, media center and ergonomic desk, Cozy Corner sofa-sleeper, 42” inch HDTVs, contemporary decor and a relaxing environment. We feature onsite facilities for our guests’ convenience including a 24/7 fitness center with modern exercise equipment, seasonal outdoor pool, and three meeting rooms with a combined 1,600 sq. ft., ideal for social or business events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North Hotel Sterling
- Hyatt Place Hotel Sterling
- Hyatt Sterling
- Sterling Hyatt