“Great place for sushi and Hibachi”

Koi Sushi & Hibachi
Ranked #29 of 166 Restaurants in Suffolk
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 6 December 2016

My girlfriend told me about this place and it is a nice friendly, cozy spot to get a meal. The restaurant is very bright and clean and the staff are very nice and inviting. We started with the gyoza which was well-cooked and we ordered a mix of sushi and hibachi. The sushi was pretty good and the although I have had better hibachi, it was pretty good. I think this is a great place to get some sushi and the prices are pretty reasonable.

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

Friendly, clean, modern. Food well prepared. Reasonable prices. Have combo meals as well as a la carte sushi. Also have Hibachi grill.

Reviewed 26 September 2016

Their maybe a better sushi restaurant in Hampton Roads but I have not found it. Food is excellent including the Hibachi, service is good. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

We stumbled upon this restaurant after realizing we were too late to make it to the restaurant we planned on going to for my daughter's birthday dinner...and we're so glad we did. They were open until 9:30 and we got in around 9:15 and they were still able to sit us. We had the hibachi dinner - I ordered the steak and salmon hibachi and my husband ordered the chicken and salmon hibachi (we shared with the kids). The food was excellent! It may seem like all hibachis are the same but this one was especially good. The sauces they had was most memorable because they were extra tasty. And then they brought a fried cheesecake with a candle for my daughter as the staff sang happy birthday. That was a nice touch to the end of her birthday. Definitely recommending this place.

Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

I have been here a handful of times for lunch where they served a decent bento box.

We wanted sashimi for dinner so thought Koi would be convenient. The soup and salad were average. The monster roll had an interesting sweet sauce however the crunchy tuna was soggy.

We each ordered the regular sashimi. It was served on piles of shredded daikon; the scent was not pleasant. Additionally, the restaurant was stuffy and the menus had a faint smell of mildew.

The sashimi consisted of what I imagine was escolar (which is questionably edible), salmon, two types of tuna, clam and octopus. The fish was sliced about a half inch thick and was not carefully prepared. It felt as if they were trying to serve up the fish in larger quantities before going bad. The texture and cuts were poor.

Some people might like that sort of thing, but we left disappointed and bewildered.