“Great Staff, Nice Hotel, Wonderful Stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Tysons Corner
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

I booked this hotel for our school's class trip to Washington, D.C. simply because the price was within our budget and the location is convenient to D.C. I have no regrets whatsoever.

The staff was so patient and understanding. I asked to change the rooming list several times, and every change was met with a friendly yes. From the evening we arrived until the morning we checked out, our stay was great. The hotel itself was clean and well-maintained, but the difference is the staff, which was better than that at most hotels. Every employee was friendly and helpful, every request was happily accommodated, and every need was met. I especially want to mention John, who works at the front desk. He did a wonderful job, especially with the difficulties presented when a snow storm hit the area.

If a group of 50 people ranging in age from 1 to 80 was treated so well, one could rightly surmise that business travelers and families with fewer demands and easier requests would be treated that way, too.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Melanie H

Reviewed 16 March 2017

We recently stayed here for two nights. It was our second stay at this property. We had such a good experience the first time, we booked it again. The staff was wonderful, especially Lucy and Johnny. We had a room with two queen beds. There were faded lipstick stains on one of the white comforters. We called the front desk and they sent a replacement immediately. Other than that we had no other issues with this stay. The room offered a mini refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. We did not use the hotel restaurant, but there are many restaurants and stores close to this hotel. Parking is under the hotel and costs $6 a day.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2017

Stayed at this hotel for 6 nights while on business. Hotel location has quick access to major roads as well as restaurants and shopping. Hotel has a shuttle to drop and pick you up at place within a certain radius. Found rooms to be comfortable and a good value. Hotel offers garage parking for a reasonable rate.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Wolftx121
Reviewed 13 March 2017

Breakfast food was terrible and staff was unfriendly helpful in the meal area. The bar is poorly stocked. Overall the rooms where fine and the non-restaurant staff is good. I would not stay at this location again as there are many options in the area that are probably better.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed 11 March 2017

Stayed two weeks - breakfast is not included however, on two occasions the front desk gave me a voucher. Check in was a breeze but the only parking is under ground and it costs $6 per night. My room was average size at the end of the hall. It did have a small fridge, microwave and safe. On most days my room was cleaned but on one occasion I returned and while the bed was made and the counter in the bathroom wiped down, nothing else had been done, the trash hadn't been emptied. I was going back out so left a message with the desk, but room hadn't been cleaned when I returned. They do have a guest laundry in the basement which is nice as the laundry fees for this hotel were totally unreasonable. I did use room service my first evening - the restaurant never answered the phone so I called the front desk and they took my order - unfortunately, when the meal arrived it was totally wrong. Plus, they automatically add a gratuity. The one plus was the location, very close to shopping and restaurants. However, there are better hotels close by, one being the Embassy Suites which I'll chose next time.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo