Shenandoah Valley Campground
US$45
  • Room Service
Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport(Roanoke)(Great Value!)
US$94
EconoLodge
US$129
  • Pool
US$144
Quality Inn & Suites(Staunton)(Great Value!)
US$99
Hotwire.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewscamp storefishing pondtent campersbath housestayed midweekriver tubingriding bikesmini golfbathrooms and showersfull hookupshot waterthe blue ridge parkwayrabbits runningbunniescornholeverizonsignal
Reviewed 20 October 2017

We stayed in this park because of the proximity to the National Park and it's close to the interstate. It served the purpose well for two nights. The site was a pull-through and spacious enough. The surroundings were clean and peaceful.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Walter W
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Stopped for one night on way south. The good: right next to Shennadoah Caverns (which I recommend). Pool looked well maintained, as were the bathrooms. The bad: No shade what so ever (being August = very hot). No privacy between sites. While I was there there was some kind of (I think) church meeting going on under the pavillion right near my site. Congregation faced directly into my "camp" and popup's windows. Also, it being just off the highway (easy to get to a +) the traffic noice at night was considerable.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank mjrw72
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Average campground. According to the staff, they were KOA until about 8 years ago. Read some of the reviews and concur with most of the issues. An overall maintenance and updating is needed. The hot tubs do not function properly. The flyer says Free WIFI. I had difficulty getting and maintaining a signal. I asked where antennas were around the grounds and was informed by staff the only one is the router in their office. On the positive, the rabbits were fun to watch and feed. Our fellow campers were friendly and respective of each other.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fred P
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

First off I need to say, this place is a 12-16YO paradise. Stayed midweek to Sunday. Checked in about 2pm. Asked to be on the river, was told all the sites were taken and I could not change. I felt the clerk decided what site we were at and there was no changing it. When asked if there was a Farmers Market by, the clerk told us no. The camp store has prices for their hot food and water shoes, but everything else is a guessing game. Sites are dirt or gravel/Nice size. Ours had garbage right in the middle of the site and had to ask for it to be cleared away. After setting up and walking around the grounds, decided to see the local sites. Discovered at 5:06pm that the local Farmer's Market closed at 5pm. During the week the pool, spa and camp ground bathrooms were quiet and clean. I noticed most of the sites by the river remained empty. By the start of the weekend, the camp started to fill in, but some sites by the river remained empty .12-16YO's every where, riding bikes or driving the rental golf carts. Camp has a posted curfew being at 10PM, but those that got the prime river spots were hooting and hollering past 1130PM. Glad we were put in the out of the way location. By noon on Friday, the bathrooms look as if they were out houses at a tailgate party with the pool and spa equally dirty with dirt, grass, bandaids and other garbage floating by. Imaging by night, 10pm, when I wanted to take a shower, it was no surprise to find feces on the bathroom floor as if someone was painting with it, and with each toilet covered with waste and wet paper. Saturday was just more repeat of Friday. We walked to the entertainment center to partake in the enjoyment, and got a freezer burnt ice cream cone, then watched them make a pizza for a customer, which started out as a frozen piece of dough that had a thick coat of ice crystals formed on top of. Most the signs that the camp have posted are old KOA's signs. And I started thinking at which point did this camp fail with the KOA's standards, or was it just a choice? I gave a 3, only because they do have a lot of kids stuff to do, but the lack of house cleaning on the weekend is overwhelming.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2017

We camped at this campground in July of 2015 - I'm a little late writing this review but decided to go back and review all of the places we stayed during our 3 week RV trip across the USA. This was our very first stop on our journey to the Grand Canyon from the Washington DC area and our first experience with RV camping. We were a bit nervous about backing the 26 feet RV into our space and by the time we arrived it was packed for the weekend. The road was a bit narrow but we managed to navigate it to our spot and after some trial and error successfully backed it in. It was a pretty location with lots of trees, a lake, a "lazy river" behind our campsite where we saw people floating down the river. Much to our delight the campground was filled with domesticated bunnies that seemed to wander the campground freely and were not at all shy. In fact when my daugher spilled her Froot Loops the bunnies came rushing over to help clean up the mess. The campground was full but seemed like a nice place overall. The kids enjoyed the pool and we noticed lots of social activites taking place. I was nervous beforehand since we'd read some reviews about it being noisy at night, but tucked into our RV at night with the AC on it was fine. I enjoyed a relaxing run around the grounds the following morning. All in all a nice place to spend the night before heading on!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family