US$45
  • Room Service
Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport(Roanoke)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$69
US$129
  • Pool
US$144
Quality Inn & Suites(Staunton)(Great Value!)
US$99
QualityInn
Comfort Inn(Staunton)
US$130
US$98
All reviewscamping experiencecamp storetent campersbath housefishing pondstayed midweekriver tubingriding bikesbathrooms and showersmini golfwild bunniesfull hookupsnight stayrabbits runningbunny foodcornholeverizon
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Really nice. We liked this place so much we came back again but they are very busy almost too much.

The restrooms are fairly clean. Most sites are level and easy to get into. Most noise was over by 11 pm.

The bunnies were cute. We didn't have much luck fishing either time but that might be a lack of skill on our part.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2017

We stayed in this park because of the proximity to the National Park and it's close to the interstate. It served the purpose well for two nights. The site was a pull-through and spacious enough. The surroundings were clean and peaceful.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Walter W
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Stopped for one night on way south. The good: right next to Shennadoah Caverns (which I recommend). Pool looked well maintained, as were the bathrooms. The bad: No shade what so ever (being August = very hot). No privacy between sites. While I was there there was some kind of (I think) church meeting going on under the pavillion right near my site. Congregation faced directly into my "camp" and popup's windows. Also, it being just off the highway (easy to get to a +) the traffic noice at night was considerable.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank mjrw72
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Average campground. According to the staff, they were KOA until about 8 years ago. Read some of the reviews and concur with most of the issues. An overall maintenance and updating is needed. The hot tubs do not function properly. The flyer says Free WIFI. I had difficulty getting and maintaining a signal. I asked where antennas were around the grounds and was informed by staff the only one is the router in their office. On the positive, the rabbits were fun to watch and feed. Our fellow campers were friendly and respective of each other.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fred P
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

First off I need to say, this place is a 12-16YO paradise. Stayed midweek to Sunday. Checked in about 2pm. Asked to be on the river, was told all the sites were taken and I could not change. I felt the clerk decided what site we were at and there was no changing it. When asked if there was a Farmers Market by, the clerk told us no. The camp store has prices for their hot food and water shoes, but everything else is a guessing game. Sites are dirt or gravel/Nice size. Ours had garbage right in the middle of the site and had to ask for it to be cleared away. After setting up and walking around the grounds, decided to see the local sites. Discovered at 5:06pm that the local Farmer's Market closed at 5pm. During the week the pool, spa and camp ground bathrooms were quiet and clean. I noticed most of the sites by the river remained empty. By the start of the weekend, the camp started to fill in, but some sites by the river remained empty .12-16YO's every where, riding bikes or driving the rental golf carts. Camp has a posted curfew being at 10PM, but those that got the prime river spots were hooting and hollering past 1130PM. Glad we were put in the out of the way location. By noon on Friday, the bathrooms look as if they were out houses at a tailgate party with the pool and spa equally dirty with dirt, grass, bandaids and other garbage floating by. Imaging by night, 10pm, when I wanted to take a shower, it was no surprise to find feces on the bathroom floor as if someone was painting with it, and with each toilet covered with waste and wet paper. Saturday was just more repeat of Friday. We walked to the entertainment center to partake in the enjoyment, and got a freezer burnt ice cream cone, then watched them make a pizza for a customer, which started out as a frozen piece of dough that had a thick coat of ice crystals formed on top of. Most the signs that the camp have posted are old KOA's signs. And I started thinking at which point did this camp fail with the KOA's standards, or was it just a choice? I gave a 3, only because they do have a lot of kids stuff to do, but the lack of house cleaning on the weekend is overwhelming.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family