“Yum!”

The Bee & The Biscuit
Ranked #4 of 1,583 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Description: Gourmet breakfast, lunch and brunch with delicious specialty coffee drinks, mimosas and bloody marys.
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

A friend and I are staying at Sandbridge and went looking for this little gem one weekday morning. A rainy day full of Jose's wind was warmed with good food. I got the farmer's wrap with delicious sausage gravy and my friend got one of their many benedicts. Honestly, the basket of two biscuits as a starter meant we were stuffed! But in a pleasant way. The only negative we have to report is the the "French press" coffee is pressed somewhere in the back; don't expect a press to come to the table.

The Bee & The B... E, Owner at The Bee & The Biscuit, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Thank you for this great review. We love being a gem and you used our favorite word: "Yum"! So glad you enjoyed everything and we hope you will be back soon.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

The Bee and Biscuit has a nice set up for passing time for the long wait for weekend brunch. There are board games and an outdoor drink station. Had a great time drinking a man-mosa and playing Trivial Pursuit. I could have waited longer! If seated in the bar area it can be a little loud. Therefore, if dining with someone who is hard of hearing you will want to wait for a table (not high table). The food is excellent, service friendly, and delicious drinks from alcoholic libations to the giant lattes (Lucky Charm Latte was a favorite).

Thank you for this wonderful and helpful review!! So glad everything was delicious, friendly and excellent! We love to hear it. Please come again soon.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

The Bee is literally the best place in Hampton Roads for brunch.. no question. The staff is amazing, the mimosas are on point and they have the absolute best atmosphere! Go get your Bee on!

The Bee & The B... E, Owner at The Bee & The Biscuit, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Wow!! Thanks for calling us the BEST!! There is no greater compliment!!! Thank you so very much for your business and recommendation.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

This little eatery is adorable. The food is seriously delicious! The blueberry biscuits are divine. I loved the ham biscuit! This is one of my favorite places to eat in Virginia Beach.

The Bee & The B... E, Owner at The Bee & The Biscuit, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Thank you so much for that lovely review! We love being adorable, delicious, divine...and especially one of your favorites! Heartfelt thanks and we hope you'll be back soon.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

I had very high hopes for this restaurant, based on most of the reviews. I, personally, wasn't all that impressed!

It is a very cute place, and they've provided very well for the usual wait to get a seat. Unfortunately, the food (and "french press" coffee) left a lot to be desired.

We ordered the Big Farm Truck, Little Farm Truck, Koah's Omelette (btw, congrats on the baby!), fresh fruit bowl and a cinnamon roll. All were satisfactory and, thankfully, hot; the cinnamon roll was probably my favorite! The omelette was rather dry; my first try at cheddar grits will be my last! The fruit bowl had the sweetest pineapple I've ever had, but the honeydew was not ripe. Grapes, blackberries and orange slices completed the dish. The biscuit was huge...and delicious (a larger portion of butter and jam would be appreciated).

Now for the "french press" coffee. I usually enjoy this type of coffee, and am accustomed to it being presented in its own pot delivered to your table. Not here; its poured in the back and is overwhelmingly strong with lots of residue. I wish I had tried a latte instead. Our orange juice and cranberry juice each tasted watered down, or as though it came from a buffet line dispenser.

As I said, this is the cutest little place, and they are obviously not hurting for business, but I can't recommend them for their food.

The Bee & The B... E, Owner at The Bee & The Biscuit, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Thanks for coming in. We realize eating is a subjective experience and not everyone's tastes are the same. We do our best to make everyone happy with their meal and are happy to make replacements when there is a problem.