All reviews surf bar across the street atlantic ave spacious room two queen beds view of the ocean pool side front desk staff fridge and microwave boardwalk housekeeping pets sofa pros
Reviewed 15 November 2011

My husband and I love VA beach. We went down to celebrate our wedding anniversary. I was sick the whole weekend. The hotel was pleasant. The check in was very easy. Loved the decor in the rooms. Because the price was so low, i just knew we were not going to like it. I loved it. Rooms were very clean. Staff nice and polite. My husband made use of their gym facilites. Even though i was sick, the hotel made me smile all weekend because it was very nice. Will be going ther again in a few weeks!!

Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank RagingRene
jeninvb, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2011

Thank you for your comments. I hope you are feeling better and that you had a great time at our hotel! We look forward to having you stay with us again in a few weeks. Our goal is to make each customer happy and I am glad that you found your new home away from home at the Clarion Inn & Suites

Reviewed 17 October 2011

The hotel is newly remodeled and it is shows as such. The amenities are modern and new. There are ocean views as long as your room is facing Atlantic Avenue and not Pacific Ave. The breakfast area is new, modern, and clean. There are a variety of foods, but they need to find a way to keep the hot foods hot. Unfortunately there is a charge for hot foods but the continental breakfast is free. They have a rule in place that states you can not take your breakfast back to your room even though they have a refrigerator and microwave in the room. The rooms have a HDTV. The matttresses are thick and very comfortable. The parking is good, but could be a bit more ample. They do have a few underlying issues that need addressing. The pipes in the bathroom shake and rattle continuously throughout the day. However, it tends to stop at night. The noise can be a bit unnerving. I could have requested another room, but that was already our second room. I did not feel like changing rooms again.The first room HVAC did not work. However, they did give us a free hot breakfast for our trouble in having to move to a second room. When I called the front desk to report the HVAC problem, the desk clerk stated she would have someone check it the next morning. By noon time the next day no one had come so I had to call the front desk again. On that call, the maintenance personnel arrived at my room within two minutes. Make sure you check your bank account after you check in. They charged us a $250.00 fee in error without informing us they had done so. Fortunately, we just happen to check our account and noticed an unusual fee had been withdrawn even though we had prepaid for the room. When we inquired they acknowledged they had done so in error and would reimburse our account in two to 14 days. Had we not checked our account, we would not have known the error took place until I bank statement arrived in the mail weeks later. The common areas of the hotel could be a bit more cleaner, i.e. sweeping and mopping the floors. The rooms are clean but attention to detail would make it better, i.e. hair on the window seal, vacuuming around the sofa and coffee table.

Room tip: If you want an ocean view request a room facing Atlantic Avenue and one that is one the upper floors (they have six floors).
Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2011

My boyfriend and I arrive at the beach about 9 pm Saturday night there was a cornhole thing at the beach he wanted to play in only hotel with a room so late that night we got checked in told it was 129 which sounded great we got our stuff in the room and went out since we are parents we don't get to do that much got back to the room about 2 am went to sleep and left the hotel about 8am got our bank statement back and we was charged 396.00 for one night tried calling hotel always told the manger would be in at one time and would call back and they said he wasn't there and would hang up on me several times finally called compliant line and was told they charged us for smoking which is funny cause we don't smoke my bf finally got a manger on the phone a week and a half later and they said they had pics and would email them to us a week later no email I call back nothing needless to say pressing charges is our next step so make sure to check ur bank statements when u get home

2  Thank stars1710
AaronPacific, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2011

Dear Guest:

I apologize for any inconvience that this may have caused and I am personally looking into the circumstances behind this charge and would love to work with you to make this right. Please contact me at the hotel and we can wrok together to resolve this matter 757-961-8190

Jennifer Meads

Reviewed 12 September 2011

The location is good just 1 block off the beach. You can't beat the weekend price compared to the hotels on the oceanfront. The pool was nice as well is the gym. The service was okay but it seemed like the front desk was understaffed with only 1 person. The room was large enough with a somewhat separate couch area but the only tv was by the beds so the couch didn't really make sense especially without a table. The elevator was really the only problem. There is only 1 elevator which takes quite a long time and many people were frustrated with it. Overall a nice option for the beachfront.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank beelann

Beelann:

Thank you for your comments regarding our hotel. We take pride in our beutiful new property and any comments or suggestions are appreciated. Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Jennifer Meads

Reviewed 12 September 2011

This hotel was very, very clean and the rooms were huge! It is right across the street from the boardwalk and beach. The price was fantastic for the location and accommodations. The people working there always smiled, said hello and willing to help. I will go back again and will recommend to friends who can't afford beachfront but want to be close.

• Trip type: Travelled with family