“Amazing dinner experience”

Le Yaca French Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Yaca French Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 1,453 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 8 October 2017

We have been to the Williamsburg location many times and decided to try out their new location in Virginia Beach. The food was perfectly prepared to our liking, the service was very good, especially Cecille their wine sommeliere and hostess. Very comfortable atmosphere. Really enjoyed our evening there. We will be back.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

This place is relatively new in VB although I understand it has been a staple of fine dining in Williamsburg for years. I am so glad they decided to expand to VB. Just opened this summer and already a tough reservation. But that is only if you want the fine dining side, you can walk into the bar side most nights. No table clothes but the same menu and impeccable service.

I found this place by looking at the 80 plus places that are participating in Restaurant Week, a great opportunity to try the best of VB at a reasonable cost. The service was impeccable. I arrived during happy hour, so I was able to get some really good french wine on special ($6), to accompany my meal. The restaurant week special offered a $35 prix fixe menu with 3 courses. Course one included several items including escargot, oysters, salads, soups, etc., course two included your choice of a seafood medley (3 dishes incuding lobster, sea bass and scallops) or Trio Gourmand, with 3 dishes (veal, filet mignon, and loin of lamb). Each dish was prepared superbly. Finally, course 3 offered several desserts. I had the chocolate creme brulee.

I can't say enough about this place. From the bread which is the best I have had outside of France, to the onion soup, filet, lamb, veal and dessert I had, All for $35. Unbelievable! One of the best places I have ever eaten, stateside or in Europe. I will definitely be back.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

We had a wonderful dining experience at Le Yaca, Virginia Beach, last night. Everything about the evening was perfect. The food was amazing, the service wonderfully attentive and the ambience relaxing. If you are looking for a place to celebrate a special occasion - this is it!

Reviewed 4 October 2017

This is my new favorite restaurant! The Fois Gras was amazing, with pears. The 3 course meal is perfect. I usually get the soup, and Steak and shrimp for meal. I am a lover of Creme Brule . Top notch device and food!!

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Virginia Beach's only fine dining French and casual bistro opened their doors in Hilltop Summer of 2016.

The history of the name dates back to the mid 60's when the first Le Yaca served traditional French fare from a small chateau in the French Alps. They later had moved to Saint-Tropez and their first U.S. move to Williamsburg, Va. Chef Daniel Abid purchased the restaurant in 2001 and moved it to the current High Street address. Fast forward sixteen years to their opening in Virginia Beach under the direction of Chef Marcus Abid (Daniel's son) and his spouse Cecile. The younger Abid's come from New York where they ran a French restaurant.

The space was formerly occupied by Burton's Grille who vacated in the Fall of 2016. Immediate plans were made for the second location of Le Yaca and construction began in the Winter of 2017. I had been to Burton's a few times and was familiar with the layout, so I was very interested to see what had been done after months of renovations.

Surface parking is directly in front of the establishment. I would not recommend the spaces adjacent to the building. Backing out is always an issue with car quickly making turns around the building. I witnessed two close calls today. No debris in the lot, or sidewalks. Upon walk up I noticed they kept the patio which seats 15, or so. The exterior presents nicely and I'm anxious to visit after dark to see what they've done with lighting. My feeling is it will be pretty cool.

My party of four made reservation using Open Table. OT then called to confirm which was great! A hostess named Dianna greeted us as different friends arrived over a span of ten minutes. I was totally wowed out at the formal dining room. The table location they gave our party in the middle of the room was appreciated. Light hard wood floors were installed and run through the entire dining room. Tables and high back chairs are covered with white linen and provided a look and feel of elegance. Light from the two large windows were partially covered with gorgeous ceiling to floor drapes. A special events room in the rear seats 50 or so and appears unfinished, but close to being operational.

The bistro offers more casual dining and a different menu. This space does not appear to be changed significantly from the previous occupant Burton's. The bar was fantastic before offering seating for approximately 15 with a striking marble top counter and mirror background. However, what is not exciting is the dark wood tables around the bar. It just does not seem to fit the location. A bit too casual and awkward in my opinion. Restrooms are just off the bar and are also in the same location. I found the facility clean and the men's room had proper supplies. Everything was in working order.

Our table was first approached by a male waiter providing water, sparkling is offered. Liz who was our waitress for lunch soon took over and provided a robust Bonjour. Food menus and wine menus were placed on the table for guest to review. We all agreed that the three course lunch special seemed the best fit for $18. This does not include drink. Plenty of time was given for decisions over their house French bread which was to die for yum! Liz returned in around 15 minuets which was timed perfectly for our chatty table. I ordered the fennel soup and Catch of the day pan seared flounder with a Fondant au Chocolat dessert. I paired with a glass of Saint-Emilion Chateau 1' Adage Bordeaux blend. Waiters kept the tables water refilled during the entire service.

Everyone reported a big thumbs up on taste for our first course. I loved my fennel soup which was topped off with croutons and strong in flavor. Second course flounder was picturesque and had a wonderful aroma. A fantastic lunch portion for the price and darn tasty. The fish was a little dry in my opinion. Third course chocolate dessert with candied hazelnuts was scrumptious.

The lunch clocked in at 1 hr 1/2 which can be improved for those that need to head back to the office. Throughout the service all staff that I encountered was professional, courteous and smiled. This restaurant should be on everyone’s priority list.

1  Thank J David H