“Solid Italian Spot”

Mannino's Italian Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Mannino's Italian Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 1,574 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Price range: US$21 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The experienced Culinary team of Chefs John R. Mannino & John M. Mannino (Father & Son Respectively) have partnered with Sommelier Daris Gavin to open New "Olde World Style" Italian Bistros. The goal was to give patrons Great Italian food at a reasonable price point with wine choices to match. We are sure that the Mannino's Italian Bistro Family will work with great passion & attention to detail to try and ensure that our guest develop a sense of home and comfort while enjoying their dining experience. John R. spent time at many restaurants both locally (Nicholas' at the Omni, La Bella Italia, Cafe Society {Executive Chef}, Bodegas & 456 Fish) and nationally (Lacey's Restaurant/ Manhattan & East of Athens/ Long Island). John M Mannino is an Honors Graduate of Culinary Institute of America. He was the Executive Chef of Bodega & 4 5 6 Fish prior to opening Mannino's. John M also won the Inaugural 2012 Taste of Hamptonroads Iron Chef competition.
Reviewed 11 November 2017

This joint has an old-school vibe and classic Italian food. I thought everything was very good, including the food, service, and ambiance. We sat at the bar and the bartender was very attentive and very knowledgeable about the restaurant's offerings. I had the gnocchi margarita and really liked it. The ingredients are very fresh. My husband got the veal Marsala which they customized for him by substituting peppers instead of mushrooms. They were happy to accommodate us. Overall very nice spot for some classic Italian cuisine.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

I have been a regular customer now for over two years. The staff and ambience makes diners feel like they are visiting family and friends. The food is consistently delicious. As an Italian-American who grew up in New York, this restaurant is the real deal.

1  Thank petepags1961
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

We’ve have eaten at Mannino’s several times. Each time the food has met our expectations. Would recommend this place for Italian food.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

Nice Italian restaurant, not right on the beach, but just across the street. Food is awesome and fresh, wine list could use a little help. Worth a visit.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

I have been going to Manninos since I moved from New York to Virginia Beach almost eight years ago. I highly recommend it if you want a delicious meal and great service. This is not my first review for Mannino's, Kempsville location but for the past six months on a weekly basis I have been ordering take out meals and I am hooked on them.
I order Chicken Francese and it just gets better and better.
Chris the bartender is excellent and is always pleasant and is an asset to the restaurant.
Grace the hostess takes the order by phone and speaks so professional every time,it sounds like a recording. She too should be commended.
Thank you to the cooks who do such a great job every time.
I love the atmosphere and it is such a cozy restaurant for all occasions.